Windows 8 games not working?

I just got windows 8 Pro, for my acer desktop

It had windows 7 before. It could play any game, farm sim, GTA IV etc.

now that I have installed windows 8, I downloaded and installed Farm sim 2013, When I got to play it, it comes up with an error ( 3D shader 3.0 needed, update graphic drivers. I have tried a 10000 things to try fix this error (PS the only game that runs without an error is GTA San Andreas), Please help me

I don't know whats wrong

Favorite Answer

Windows 8 is a touch screen system adapted to keyboard & mouse, it doesn't like old games (those not programmed for it.)

And the Pro 'series', even windows 7, aren't for gaming, as they are primarily for work systems.

San Andreas game... If you have a gta_sa.set file delete it first. Then run the game, if it doesn't work

Then:

Try changing the game(s) to Admin Privileges (if they aren't already).

Try XP Mode. (Win98 Mode if you have mouse problems.)

You need to download conduit search tool bar. I had the exact problem when I got my new laptop for christmas. The conduit search bar helps to convert the windows 7 files to the new updated windows 8.

Good luck!

Source(s): I've been an experienced programmer for 11 years.

Hey,

I found a free download of Family Farm pc here: http://bit.ly/1qXILws

it's the full version, avaiable for free! very fast to install

Family Farm is a simulator and tycoon game. Your aim will be managing and leading a farm in which you have to take care of the fields, animals and other elements to make money and upgrade you farm step by step.

It's a really nice game.