Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Atheist . Explain why evolution has logic behind it?

evolution makes has no logic behind it. evolution sates how life progresses not how it starts.

I have noticed that "most" atheist here believe that science is better that religion because it is not a blind faith. but does science have some blind faith to it? are you as an individual suppose to take the word of a scientist as fact, just because he said it. unless you see it with your own eyes in person how do you know what science says is true. how can anyone "prove" with 100% accuracy that anything is certain. if one says it is a scientific law how do you know with out seeing the effect of the law in every part of the universe. In order to "prove" anything don't you need to know everything.

how do you explain

irreducibly complex theory

how organic life began ( did it just poof into existence.)

how sentient life evolved. ( the mind not the brain)

science doesn't know everything so stop acting like it does.

science requires faith.

"the only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing" -Socrates.

if you know nothing all you have left is you opinion, your faith/ beliefs. and when the scientific community stops doing "real" science and starts attacking peoples faith is when it loses all credibility.

my cousin was a researcher for the Smithsonian institute. he published a paper that mentioned ID ( intelligent design) he was fired and blacklisted.

Explain how we can come from monkeys and apes etc etc.

We where made by intelligent design and i know it.

science doesn't know everything so stop acting like it does . But God knows everything and evidence knows it and makes this clear .

@ ScrewtheGuidelines. Oh i read you guys things but hey no evidence that you guys give. If there where real smart evidence i wound believe that God created evolution . But creation is true and if you want evidence i have it.

@ Bear1. Ya like you can lol nope.

@ Fitz . So thats your evidence??. You just post something wrong in many things in your post . I mean where did DNA come from huh??

@ Atheist Anthony. I love science too but i hate evolution and big bang.

@ Amanda. Ok lady good good but i ask you and please answer . Where did DNA come from huh because even if evolution is true i still believe in God . I do not buy your monkeys thing lol.

@ Amanda. Our DNA is big evidence that there must be a creator aka intelligent design also i know has God.

Also Creationism is science and i think you should study the creation story. I have hear a lot of evidence for creation so i know creation is true !!., With faith and evidence.

@ Heather. Its because of Satan the evil one that's why people are like this . Are you really going to tell me that i am a ape you must be joking with me . Also the joke is not that funny.

Creationism is so fact for smart people like creationist . There is evidence of creation and if you want to here it i will give it to you you know just wait .

God created the energy,God works through energy(within the universe). He created that energy

That is, God is not a part of this world&Universe, God is eternal, and therefore separate from our "space" therefore God created the rules.

Space time is a condition needed for our physical existence. We are only able to perceive what is limited to space time.

The perception of God is beyond this limitation. God does not exist 'out' of space time, it is his creation. He exists within space time but is not bound to its limitations.

God existed before He created time and space and everything else, so of course He is outside of time and space. Time to Him means nothing although He created it because He knew we needed it. There is nothing God needs because He is infinite, perfect, unlimited, etc

here is plenty of evidence of an intelligent Creator in the world of living things.

For instance, a bird called the Blackpoll Warbler has been tracked flying from Alaska to New

Atheist hey sup by the way just to tell you God is eternal and therefore separate from our "space" therefore God created the rules. God is not human but God loves humans just saying.

@ Paul. Please you are so lost man damm lol. I mean i know science and creation is science . I ask what science did you learn because what ever you learn at school is really not working with logic . One day you will say thanks to me and that day is coming ha i am good has a christian and i will follow God forever .

Science Points to God

Kelvin, a well known British scientist was speaking from experience. After many years of testing and sampling and making new scientific discoveries Kelvin found himself getting closer to God.

I like to share the following comment from a reader.

By: Kakashi Jan 31, 2013 @ 7:38 am

I'd like to share what I've experience

When I was young I was attacked by this sickness for 1 week and my mom didn't know what to do but she told me to pray before I sleep and as simple as a prayer I was healed when I woke up. What an atheist believe is proof/experience before believe.

Basically what I believe is that you need full faith first to have experience but how can an atheist experience when they reject first and only keep rejecting?- not trying to criticise anyone just my point of view....

Not only from Faith do I believe in the existence of God but there is physical evidence of God if you take time to search for it.

Considering that time is limited and has it&#

Why Science Can't Define God

God is invisible and science is visible.... No ddduaaah right.... So how can visible technologies that are under the restrictions of death and time to define a God that is invisible and eternal. That is inconceivable and impossible seeing we are of the flesh and God is of the Spirit.

Why is man bringing God down to there level while we need to come to Him on His level. Man in his wisdom and experience is so small it is absolutely impossible to know and define God apart from the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

This is why we can't depend on your education, science and technology to define an invisible and almighty God. Science can only touch the surface. With there instruments they can see how the neutrons, protons and electrons interact but can't see the Spirit of God behind it.

Man uses science to measure and manipulate physical things. So how can science measure the invisible face of God.

Man has written many books to define his existence but G

How God Created The Earth in 7 Days

From Enoch - Here is How God did it, "How God Created The Earth"

How God Created The Earth Great and marvels are the works of God almighty. What God has initiated goes beyond our logic and understanding. Here we will see that science only touches the surface because it cannot measure the Spirit of God.

The Lord God is called "Almighty" because He is the hub of all living. All things are joined to Him. Therefore our life and experience is by His Spirit. Like the fish only exist because of the ocean so also we exist because of the Spirit of God.

"How God Created The Earth Universe Man and Everything"

First God created light and darkness.

From light and darkness God created water.

From water God created rock. Huge waves turned to stone.

God then separated the waters from dry land.

God put life in the waters and and land.

God created man in His image and likeness.

God created man from rock and water, the same elements of t

Atheist i just answered some of you guys Question just read .

@ Zombie. Cool bro but evolution is still wrong.

• Fitz
    Favorite Answer

Logic: Reasoning conducted according to strict principles of VALIDITY

Validity: The quality of being FACTUALLY sound.

Facts that support evolution:

DNA sequencing, Endogenous retroviruses, similarities between all lineages of DNA/RNA/amino acids & the lipid bilayer, Pseudogenes, genome & gene duplication, horizontal gene transfer, Cat endogenous retroviruses, Chromosome 2 in humans, Cytochrome c, Human endogenous retroviruses, Human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup, Human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup, Atavisms, Evolutionary developmental biology & embryonic development, Homologous structures and divergent (adaptive) evolution, Nested hierarchies and classification, Fossil Record, Continental distribution, Island biogeography, Antibiotic & pesticide resistance, E. coli long-term evolution experiment, Lactose intolerance in humans, Nylon-eating bacteria, PCB tolerance, Peppered moth, Radiotrophic fungus, Urban wildlife. Vestigial structures in development including: Hind structures in whales, Insect mouthparts, Other arthropod appendages, Pelvic structure of dinosaurs, Pentadactyl limb, Recurrent laryngeal nerve in giraffes, Route of the vas deferens, Extrinsic ear muscles, The appendix, Goose bumps, The neck rib, The coccyx, The third eyelid remnants, Male nipples, Wisdom teeth, Observed speciation including: Oenothera gigas, Primula kewensis, Tragopogon, Raphanobrassica, Galeopsis tetrahit, Madia citrigracilis, Brassica, Adiantum pedatum, Woodsia abbeae, Stephanomeira malheurensis, Zea mays, Mimulus guttatus, Rhagoletis pomonella, Eurosta solidaginis, Tribolium castaneum.

This question is one of simple vocabulary definitions and really doesn't have anything to do with either religion or science. It's simply the word logic defined.

-edit-

Well, once again, this comes down to vocabulary definitions. Evolution is not concerned with the emergence of life, or where DNA comes from ... it's simply the change in species over time. The origin of life and DNA is abiogenesis. Maybe you should work out what you're asking before you ask it.

The step from inorganic material to organic material (the building blocks of life) is well known already. However the step from RNA to DNA is still unknown. We can, however, synsethize it in the lab, so at this point it's just a matter of discovering how nature accomplishes the same thing. Sorry bud, but you're a little behind on your science and how far we have come.

PS: That's abiogenesis, not evolution ... two entirely separate subjects.

Here, read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/77458...

Or this:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/0...

Or this:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/2...

Or this:

http://news.sky.com/story/780857/scienti...

Or this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...

Or this:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/...

When reality disagrees with religion, it's not reality that has the problem.

• Zombie

Evolution is indeed a theory of change over time, not a theory of origin. That doesn't make it not valid. You can claim that the origin was magic if you want to, but we already know that organic chemicals can evolve through natural processes.

Learning science isn't about taking the word of a single scientist. It's about understanding a method of explanation and studying bodies of data collected across the decades and centuries. We "stand on the shoulders of giants," and so forth.

Science doesn't offer proof. It offers models and explanations.

We have very good reasons for accepting the uniformity of nature when it comes to scientific principles, and we have no reasons for rejecting it. Even scientific laws can be changed when the data changes, such as Einstein's theory of relativity superseding Newton's law of universal gravitation (though we still use the latter, because it works on small scales).

Irreducible complexity is not a theory. It's a creationist talking point that has been refuted many times.

"Poof into existence" is actually the creationist model of life. Scientists don't know how life began. We have some ideas, and we know that all the building blocks of life can evolve from simple chemistry.

All evidence known to science suggests that the mind is a product of the brain. In philosophical terms, hard solipsism might never be totally falsified, but we have perfectly good pragmatic reasons for rejecting it.

Science doesn't know everything. That's precisely why it continues to be used.

Science doesn't require "faith," unless you mean accepting basic sensory data as we all do, since we have no other choice. Science without skepticism isn't really science.

I think you sorely misunderstand Socrates. Taken literally, the claim is self-detonating, and that is not what is intended by it. Rather, it means that claims of knowledge are provisional, though later philosophers such as Descartes challenged this with notions such as "I think, therefore I am," and Nieztsche offered the more precise, "It thinks."

If your cousin published pseudoscience while working for a scientific institution, then he needed to be fired.

> "@ Zombie. Cool bro but evolution is still wrong." <

Cool, bro, but evolution is still the unifying principle of modern biology, undaunted despite being the most viciously (and irrationally) attacked scientific idea in history.

Where you aware there are two creation stories in Genesis? They slightly contradict each other and when you go by the 2nd, which goes more into the creation of Adam & Eve, the order listed of things created is wrong.

Where did the DNA come from? Alien intervention with the primate the Great Mother Earth created...don't believe MY story? Why should I believe that one?

You don't 'see' the logic in evolution (IE: biological change over time) b/c you refuse to see it.

Good thing Dr.s , nurses, surgeons, and medical lab tech's aren't like that..

• ?

evolution makes has no logic behind it.

{********}

evolution sates how life progresses not how it starts.

{hey a Theist who gets it! ... You're gonna disappoint me aren't you?}

I have noticed that "most" atheist here believe that science is better that religion because it is not a blind faith.

{yep}

but does science have some blind faith to it?

{no}

are you as an individual suppose to take the word of a scientist as fact, just because he said it.

{no you idiot}

unless you see it with your own eyes in person how do you know what science says is true.

{*facepalm*}

how can anyone "prove" with 100% accuracy that anything is certain.

{we live in the real world you f*cking moron. NOTHING is.}

if one says it is a scientific law how do you know with out seeing the effect of the law in every part of the universe.

{oh for ****'s sake, THAT'S NOT WHAT A SCIENTIFIC LAW IS!}

In order to "prove" anything don't you need to know everything.

{that's impossible you moron}

how do you explain

irreducibly complex theory

{you know nothing about Science}

{you think one can exist without the other because...?}

{nor dies it claim to! religion does and many of it's claims are wrong}

science requires faith.

{no it doesn't}

{and so far you are displaying an UTTER lack of self-awareness if your own stupidity}

if you know nothing all you have left is you opinion, your faith/ beliefs.

{faith is a swear word to me}

and when the scientific community stops doing "real" science and starts attacking peoples faith is when it loses all credibility.

{science attacks ALL beliefs, ESPECIALLY it's own. Why should mythology be given any more respect than the Neutonian Unuverse or Mendelian evolution?}

{good}

{I'm sorry, you said so many wrong things I'm actually a little worn out by debunking your ********}

• giles

&quot;How did organic life began (did it just proof into existence)&quot;

The idea of God involves a deity &quot;poofing&quot; life into existence.

Religion requires blind faith in that you are told to believe something without any evidence. Science has evidence, and in order for something to be considered valid it must have evidence. While science does require assumptions, religion require a many more assumptions. There is no evidence from God that can be considered scientifically valid.

And also, we did not come from monkeys or apes. We ARE apes.

The best avaiable service is surely Reverse Phone Lookup. You can check the website here: https://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=538

The completly free reverse phone lookup sites generally doesn't provide anything interesting. To get interesting information, money will have to be paid. The free searches do not provide much more than what can be found through the phone book or personal knowledge and they only want your email to send spam.

You should stay away from shady reverse phone lookup sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Stick with a reputable reverse phone lookup site like https://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=538 that has been on the market for a lot of years.

If I remember well there are 2 options:

Basic: you get only one report.

Advanced: you get unlimited reports... I went with this option because I wanted to verify more numbers. You can get the name, other phone number, address history, relatives, and much more about anyone!

Anyway you can check on the website for further informations.

Hope it helps! :)

You can check here the best service: https://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=538

The completly free reverse telephone lookup destinations generally doesn't provide anything interesting. To get interesting information, cash will must be paid. The free searches don't provide considerably more than what might be found through the telephone directory or personal information and they just need your email to send spam.

• Paul

"evolution makes has no logic behind it."

Well, that sentence certainly has no logic behind it. Or grammar, either.

Your rant is the typical ignorant pile of fallacy that "young earth creationists" spew. It would take so long to point out all of the lies and fallacies, it's just not worth my time. If you want to know facts, then stop reading "Answers in Genesis," and go learn some actual science. If you don't, and want to continue to wallow in ignorance and delusion, go right ahead. Just don't be surprised when educated, intelligent, and honest people point at you and laugh.

• (sigh)

In the first place, and it boggle my mind that I should have to explain this: atheism means lack of belief in a God. It does NOT mean expertise in biology, evolution, or abiogenesis. If you really want to know about those subjects, ask in the BIOLOGY section

No, evolution does NOT discuss the beginning of life. That is not what it means. The first step, from non living to living, is called abiogenesis, and is also a BIOLOGY question. Scientists will freely admit that we do not yet undertand exactly the process or the steps from non life to life. But we do know the rough blueprint, which is pretty obvious and logical. Every bit of life on this planet is composed of chemicals. Simple, basic chemicals, combined in specific ways that allow them to reproduce themselves. There is nothing magic or really special about this, it is simply chemistry. When in contact with one another under certain conditions, certain chemical reactions take place. Atoms and molecules combine, which may be simple or complex. Not magic, not some special design, but simple chemical reactions .

I'm not going to go into your specific issues, because again, I am not a biologist or an evolutionist. In any event, I am quite certain that you have no idea what you are actually asking, ans even less idea how to understand the answers.

Just one more point, on the basic concept of how science works, and whether 'faith' is involved. It is NOT. Yes, I do have to take the word of scientists when evaluating scientific concepts. But I do so after evaluating whether this is recognized scientific understanding, whether the person is accredited in their field, etc. It is not 'faith' to listen to what a paleontologist tells me about the state of knowledge in the study of dinosaur feces. They know, they study it, their studies are published in journals so that other scientists can comment, argue, and evaluate the information. That's how science works. You seem to be equating that concept with us just blindly taking the word of someone with NO such credentials, no peer review, no study, nothing. I'm sorry, but that is how RELIGION works.

Let's make it simple:

Study, review, discussion, more discussion, more study, etc etc: that is science

No study, reliance on the word of one book, written by anonymous people with no credentials: that would be religion.

HONEST people ask Science questions in the appropriate Science section.

DISHONEST people ask Science questions in R&S, because they don't WANT an actual answer based on Science.

Thank you for making it so clear which kind of asker you are.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” Harlan Ellison

It is time for students of the evolutionary process, especially those who have been misquoted and used by the creationists, to state clearly that evolution is a fact, not theory, and that what is at issue within biology are questions of details of the process and the relative importance of different mechanisms of evolution. It is a fact that the earth with liquid water, is more than 3.6 billion years old. It is a fact that cellular life has been around for at least half of that period and that organized multicellular life is at least 800 million years old. It is a fact that major life forms now on earth were not at all represented in the past. There were no birds or mammals 250 million years ago. It is a fact that major life forms of the past are no longer living. There used to be dinosaurs and Pithecanthropus, and there are none now. It is a fact that all living forms come from previous living forms. Therefore, all present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were different. Birds arose from nonbirds and humans from nonhumans. No person who pretends to any understanding of the natural world can deny these facts any more than she or he can deny that the earth is round, rotates on its axis, and revolves around the sun.

The controversies about evolution lie in the realm of the relative importance of various forces in molding evolution.

- R. C. Lewontin "Evolution/Creation Debate: A Time for Truth" Bioscience 31, 559 (1981) reprinted in Evolution versus Creationism, op cit.

-Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.-Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

• ?

If you want to know the answers learn the science yourself and then study the research. You wan to know how life started in the first place ,there are several viable theories. I'm not going to write you a book to explain them and attempt to teach you the science to understand them on the way. You really don't want that, you really don't want to know how it's possible.. you just want to think it isn't.

You have no interest in knowledge or the truth whatsoever.

Pretty crappy design! Was our designer stupid? Why put the air hole right next to the food hole? Why no exoskeleton? Why do so many women die in childbirth? Why can't we survive without shelter? Why are we too slow to outrun predators? Why do so many people need glasses?

Look at a human, then look at a cheetah. You're going to tell me that WE'RE the impressive ones? Wow.