Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMobile Phones & Plans · 6 years ago

Android SD card music issues?

So I have an external SD card (14 GB) in my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, where all my music is stored. Up to two days ago, everything was working fine. But then I tried to add a song and it didn't show, the problem continued and it wouldn't show any songs whatsoever. I highly doubt it was because there wasn't anymore room, because it said 13 GB free.

I looked up on the internet and it said that formatting the SD card worked for people, so I cut and copied all my music from the SD card to a folder on my computer and formatted my SD Card.

I tried to copy-paste a few songs back into my SD card after formatting it, yet it still doesn't recognize the music? I pasted 4 songs inside, yet the music player is still empty. But I go into the "My Files' app on Android and the music shows there, but just isnt appearing in music player.

(Also, I dont know if this relates to the problem, but whenever I try to add a folder and name it "DCIM" or "MUSIC" on my SD card, the window stops responding and closes. So when I open it back up, there is a new folder but its simply called "New Folder" and doesn't let me name it.)

Favorite Answer

As far as the last part goes, as an experiment try putting the SD card in your computer creating a folder and naming it "DCIM" or "MUSIC" and see if it sticks and if your music will save to it

try restoring your device it might fix your problem