Dez asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

How can i lose weight?

Okay so it's been a long journey. At the beginning of my school year I promised that I would get clearer skin and eat healthy and exercise to get a good body. I've never been fat, but i dislike my hips , stomach and thighs. I got clearer skin. But I have only lost 5 pounds... IVE DONE EVERYTHING. I do competitive cheerleading 6 hours a week and exercise as much as I can. I did a very strict candida diet (for my skin which worked) and was told that I would lose weight for doing it for a month, I didn't though. Then I started to up the excising and lost 5 pounds, but can't seem to lose more. Currently I don't eat gluten, dairy and eggs, exercise every day. And I am just so frustrated. I'm 5'6 and 135 and 15 year old. I do admit that most of my weight is muscle but i'm still disappointed with my body. My goal weight is 115 or at least 120 .. Its frustrating because I eat and work out and my friends don't but they're 15 pounds lighter than me. Someone help pls? I would like to lose 15 pounds before June, so I can look good in a bikini but just don't know what to do

btw

i drink a lot of water

drink green tea

don't snack

eat plenty of veggies

not a lot of carbs

I'm super stuck, I'm very stressed if that has anything to do with it ?

Favorite Answer

Running, walking, avoid sugary foods, eat 4 or 5 small meals a day, and savoring foods eaten can help with weight loss. Also investing in a digital scale which includes bodyfat, water, bone bmi index will help because its more accurate and can track progress more quickly than a spring loaded weight scale.

if most of your weight is muscle you really don't have much to worry about losing. you are def in a healthy range and you shouldn't worry about losing just to weight the same as your friends. everyone has a different body and as long as you know you are being healthy thats what matters

Drink green tea green tea can help you lose weight

Use your lunch break to work out and then eat later though working.

• ?

For weight loss, dieting is more effective than exercise.

Reducing your intake of junk sugar will help. Foods or drinks such as coke and other soft drinks, desserts, sweets, cakes, cookies or biscuits must be eliminated or substantially reduced. Cereals must be restricted to those that contain less than 15% total sugars and junk sugar loaded foods such as pizzas must be avoided. Junk sugar bowls must be abolished.

Junk sugar health hazards are discussed in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22sugar+healt...

The natural sugars in fruit and vegetables are OK as they metabolise to glucose slowly due to their high fiber content so they have a low to medium GI value. Fruit and vegetables are low in calories and are not fattening. Most fruit and vegetables are metabolism boosting foods and that helps for weight loss. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are exceptions and can be fattening.

Fattening combinations that you need to avoid include combinations of protein foods (such as eggs, meat, poultry, sea food, cheese and nuts) with starchy carbohydrates (such as bread, cereals, pasta, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes and corn).

Apparently the Lemon Detox Diet is the worst diet there is as in http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22lemon+detox...

Not eating or skipping meals is not dieting If you do you may get more weight

stand up and walk atleast 5 mins after evry 2 hours while working

Use 3 bite rule have three small bites and put fork down each time

ride him like a cow girl for 26 minutes straddling requires more calorie burning leg work

Replace chips with salad to cut carbs