Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 6 years ago

What will happen if someone jumped out of an airplane just before hitting the ground?

I am very bad at physics and I am curious about one thing. If an airplane had an incident and began falling towards the ground, we all know that jumping out from over 10000 metres will certainly mean death. But what if the airplane is just around 100 metres above the ground. Just the second before crashing, someone jumped out of the airplane. Let's put aside the percentage of this theory to happen, but can anyone tell me if someone jumps out of the airplane, is the speed of his/her fall towards the ground is as same as the airplane or is it the same speed an object normally falls from the same height. I am not sure if I made this clear, but I really hope someone could tell me. Also, if an airplane lost all communications with the ground for a few straight hours and is low on fuel before losing contract with the ground, does it mean it's more than likely to have crashed?

Favorite Answer

You'd hit the ground at the same speed as the airplane without the benefit of the plane body absorbing most of the impact. Ever hear the saying, "out of the pan into the fire"?

If you're however striving to boost you are straight and you're hoping to get your hands above the side, put Vert Shock to the check, a program you will think it is here https://tr.im/bIYUo  and provide it a take to, you'll be taken aback of how fast you can become a monster hopper in the event that you prepare the proper way.

This program will not cause you to jump tens of thousands of occasions because Vert Shock was developed and employed by actual elite stage basketball players.

In regards down seriously to it, if you really want to jump higher, you simply found the very best program on the planet to do so. Any other way might merely be considered a spend of time.

You'd die, but not because the aircraft is falling but because it's gliding as it approaches the ground at some safe gliding speed, which depends on the aircraft specs. But for most puddle jumper civilian AC that'd be well over 60 mph; and that's why you'd die. You'd hit the ground at 60 plus mph and an additional speed for that last 100 m of fall.

Remember, you're going whatever speed the object you bail out from is going re the ground.

Lets say you have a strong vertical of 39". Then if you leave the plane at the moment it hits the ground you'll hit the ground with a speed of 10mph slower than the plane.

I thought the same thing when I was a kid, only I thought about riding a table down and a split second before impact jumping straight upward. It wouldn't help regardless the senerio. Your velocity is travelling at too fast a speed to make any significant difference in your demise.

Considering you would be hitting the ground at the same speed the plane is travelling, which would be in excess of 100 mph you'd be just as dead.

I think it would be safer to stay in the plane because you have sealtbelts an are padded by the plane.