A asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is China the main offender in state-sponsored hacking or is the reality more complicated?

I was reading an article recently about a security researcher who created a series of 'honeypots' - vulnerable, important-looking computer systems - in order to tempt international hackers. Over the subsequent month there were 39 attacks from 14 different countries. More than a third of these seemed to come from China, but apparently this may not necessarily be the case since apparently hackers often use Chinese characters and code in order to hide their paymasters' real country of origin.

So what is the truth and why use Chinese characters and code anyway in order to conceal the origin of the hacking?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

The Good Old USA has been spy on her own allies under the Obama regime... that is at least as bad as some of the hacking the Chinese have pulled.

• 7 years ago

Damn, at the moment I can't remember where I read it,

but I do remember reading that China has at least two entities

employing thousands of individuals whose only task is to hack into

Western computer systems.

The objectives are to gather as much information on military matters

and equally to secure business information.

But not to left undone...the possible planting of "sleeper-computer-bombs"

to crash our most vulnerable and important computer infratructure networks

should the necessity arise.

It's pretty scarey sh*t, what they have in store for us in case of hostilities.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's very unlikely anyone on this site is going to know the answer to this factual question, and anyone who did know the answer would be obligated by secrecy rules not to respond.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

More complicated, all Governments are doing it and blaming each other.

Source(s): "HOW IS THAT OBAMACIDE WORKING OUT FOR YOU"
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.