Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Cam5X5
Cam5X5 asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 7 years ago

Is this a good stock to invest in?

WDC, Western Digital Corp. Based on my research the company has found new partner ship and is releasing a new product of which is highly rated. The my cloud EX series. The stocks went down recently. But the company is having consistent growth over months. So I believe it's prime time to invest in it.

On news articles I have research the company is hiring more employees and is expanding due to these new partner ships.

I am fairly new to investing and this is the first time I plan to use REAL money, so I plan to use little bit of money and not put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

What are some flaws I have with my reasoning behind what I have just said?

What are tips and tricks I should do regarding technology related companies?

And how do I justify how much a stock should be worth if growth is seen based on specific companies?

I will wait a few days to see if there is any further drop, then invest when it climbs again, as it usually does from what I seen on the charts over the months.

A strategy I am trying to do is niche marketing. Because a good outlook for a stock will cause a rise in stock prices. Making them not worth as much as buying a stock before rise in price.

I think a nich market where few people are keeping watch won't be effected by a positive outlook as much as larger companies or new companies will.

Favorite Answer

You have the right idea of investing in companies that consistently grow and earn profits. I took a look at WDC and, in my opinion, it's a moderately decent investment opportunity.

The P/E of 19 is running a little high, however the company is forecasting large earnings growth with a forward P/E of 9. If it's able to achieve and maintain this growth, then it's a decent buy.

The P/B is also running a bit high at 2.40. I'd expect this though, as WDC is a strong brand in the marketplace.

Since the company is profitable, however slightly overpriced, I'd rate this investment opportunity a 5 out of 10. There are other companies out there that are much more undervalued, with more consistent earnings that I'd recommend investing in first.

Remember, market prices are not 100% efficient. A company can be both significantly undervalued and have huge growth projections. These are the ones I recommend putting your money into.

Source(s): 10+ years investment experience; corporate finance/accounting/auditing experience; author of "The Stock Market Outsider: Becoming a Billionaire"

I like the stock but I dont think its prime to put money in it just yet. Although it made a higher closing high February than January, it did not make a higher high as this can be a sign for further consolidation/ sideways price movement.I see more potential to the upside but an entry right now wouldnt be well timed, unless you dont care about being 3-4% down in a stock before you sell. I would wait 2-3 days to see how it reacts in the 81-82.5 support level. If the price immediately pulls back to 85-86 monday-tues. then it would not be a safe/false buy point and could easily reverse, but if the downtrend quickly tightens in the support level between 81-82.5 then the shares can be bought with little risk of a further downtrend and a tight stop loss can be placed. And a P/E of 19 isnt that high-in my opinion.

reason to state it's a good investment:-

-Return on invested capital was always high, even in 2009.

-WDC is the best managed company in the industry.It has a more stable margin than its competitors.

-WDC had steadily grown market share while maintaining high profitability in an extremely competitive market. And became market leader soon after my purchase.

-P/E ratio was low and I thought Mr. Market’s view would turn once supply and demand balanced.

-I thought the iPad and other mobile devices are complementary goods, not substitute goods to the PC.

-I thought it would take a long time for solid-state hard drives to replace hard disk drives (HDDs), and WDC would have time to catch up with the first comers.

I've been trading the market for just a few months. My cousin actually told me about this website (http://pennystocks.toptips.org)and/ I signed up immediately after. This is my honest review about their method. I'm not someone who has a lot of time to be researching for ideas because I work many hours. they made it incredibly easy for me to make money in the market. Their reports are easy to read and follow. I've tracked most of the stock ideas that I've received in my e-mail from them and MANY have seen some nice gains after their announcements. I've made a nice profit (55% return on my investment on one, and 112% on the other!) on a couple of suggestions he's given and plan to start trading his ideas a lot more.

For more info: http://pennystocks.toptips.org/

Hope it helps.

Too expensive for my taste but to each their own.