Rate my fantasy baseball team?

Do you think my fantasy baseball team has a chance in an 8-team league?

Catcher: Jonathan Lucroy

First Baseman: Albert Pujols

Second Baseman: Brandon Phillips

Third Baseman: Ryan Zimmerman

Short-Stop: J.J. Hardy

Outfielder: Andrew McCutchen

Outfielder: Adam Jones

Outfielder: Jose Bautista

Outfielder: Alex Rios

Designated Hitter: David Ortiz

Pitchers:

Starting Pitchers:

Stephen Strausberg, Adam Wainwright, Mat Latos, Francisco Liriano, Andrew Cashner, Matt Garza

Relivers:

Kenley Jansen, Jason Grilli, Grant Balfour

Batting Order:

1. Alex Rios

2. Ryan Zimmerman

3. Albert Pujols

4. David Ortiz

5. Adam Jones

6. Brandon Phillips

7. J.J. Hardy

8. Jonathan Lucroy

9. Jose Bautista

Bench:

Andrelton Simmons (SS)

Chase Utley (2B)

Alfonso Soriano (OF)

Kyle Seager (3B)

Am I weak at batting or pitching in particular?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I would be cautious about Pujols and David Ortiz. They are both getting older so you might want to pick up a younger 1st baseman.

Top Fantasy Expert According to FantasyPros. Multiple Daily Fantasy Championships.

http://www.beastdome.com/2014-fantasy-baseball-cat...

• Pronk
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Every team has a chance this time of year;Even the real life Cubs..

You went outfield & SP crazy early,totally neglecting your infield;Which is not smart,since the outfield & SP is so much deeper in talent than the infield.

I think you need to pull off some 2 for 1 trades,to get 2 more pitchers;I think you need either 2 more SPs,or an SP & a closer by trimming down your offense.You have too many hitters,& not enough pitchers.

You should do this by offering 2 hitters for 1 better hitter,then pick up the best available SP,or closer off of waivers.I'd try to upgrade your infield 1st & foremost with a trade like Zimmerman & Ortiz for Miguel Cabrera;Then pick up a pitcher to increase your Ks,Ws,and/or saves,& move aGuy off your bench to replace old man Ortiz..

As is,you've got a pretty average team,7 out of 10..That would need career years from several players,and/or strong bounce back years from players like Pujols & Phillips (Phillips was a nice value pick.) to seriously contend/dominate;Which is highly possible.But,still,Pujols is another guy I'd be shopping in 2 for 1 deals to upgrade 1st base,and get another arm..I draft extra hitters with upside this time of year,but through 2 for 1 trades I'm always down to 0 - 2 offensive benchwarmers by the time the fantasy trade dead line comes.

gud loock

• 7 years ago

In an 8 team league your team should be decent. You might have problems with pujols, Phillips, and Zimmerman either getting hurt/underperforming. Phillips won't be nearly as good as last year and Zimmerman always gets hurt. Plus who knows what pujols will do this year. Your pitching should be solid though with 3 closers and the Strasburg/wainwright anchoring your roation. Overall you just hope these players are decent with your good outfield and solid pitching

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.