I'm looking for a way to block local users from accessing any of the system files?

I'm currently using windows 8 and I'm sharing a computer. However, one of the users manages to always manages to grant administrator to all the users using cmd somehow.

(There is one admin with 8 users with standard account)

I would like to increase the security in my computer. It seems that I cannot change the attributes of the files to deny in the system files. So how do I do it?

So i'm trying to find a way to

disable the usage of external devices like usb/CD, etc

remove access to system files, (cmd,cmdkey,etc)

disable download from Internet

Is it possible? or are there any better ways? it would be really helpful to me.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is possible to do. You will use user policies to do so.

There is no way for a non-admin to grant admin access to other users. In order to do this from a command prompt he would have to know a user ID and password with administrator access. I suggest changing your password, checking your computer for a keylogger, and making sure to also change the default admin password. Of course, YOU could install a keylogger and see exactly who is doing this and how ...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Make sure you have remote access off a guy I new hoped on my pc and turned it on I never new he could get into my system any time he wanted till one day I saw it was checked and was like wtf

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.