I'm looking for a way to block local users from accessing any of the system files?

I'm currently using windows 8 and I'm sharing a computer. However, one of the users manages to always manages to grant administrator to all the users using cmd somehow.

(There is one admin with 8 users with standard account)

I would like to increase the security in my computer. It seems that I cannot change the attributes of the files to deny in the system files. So how do I do it?

So i'm trying to find a way to

disable the usage of external devices like usb/CD, etc

remove access to system files, (cmd,cmdkey,etc)

disable download from Internet

Is it possible? or are there any better ways? it would be really helpful to me.

Favorite Answer

This is possible to do. You will use user policies to do so.

There is no way for a non-admin to grant admin access to other users. In order to do this from a command prompt he would have to know a user ID and password with administrator access. I suggest changing your password, checking your computer for a keylogger, and making sure to also change the default admin password. Of course, YOU could install a keylogger and see exactly who is doing this and how ...

Make sure you have remote access off a guy I new hoped on my pc and turned it on I never new he could get into my system any time he wanted till one day I saw it was checked and was like wtf