Justin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 years ago

Are vegetables low in calories?

For dinner I had a blend of vegetables, there was: carrots, green beens, sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, mushrooms and baby corn. I ate a lot, it was so good! Are any of the vegetables listed high in calories? since I did have a lot!

• psYA
    Favorite Answer

No they have hardly any... but that's because they're mostly water. So you can practically eat 2 pounds and then that might be high calorie.

What you want are the ones which are also nutritious: broccoli most of all and also mushrooms and snap peas. Eat a ton of those. And make sure they're minimally cooked and in a pan too. Because the nutrients are very heat sensitive and they drain away into any water you use. Carrots and green beans aren't very nutritious but they're ok as long as you're mostly getting the other 3. Couldn't find information on baby corn but corn is also ok.

As long as they were completely plain (boiled/steamed/raw) and you didn't eat like a trunk load of it, no they are very low calorie. I love having tons of veggies! :)