Xxx asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 years ago

Do I hate healhy/have a good plan?

I asked this and got one answer so..

I'm 16 years old, 5'5.5" and 130 lbs. I'm trying to lose twenty pounds before a wedding I'm attending in two and a half weeks. I take thirty minute runs around my neighbourhood at around 5:30 AM, then in the evening I do an hour of abdominal exercises. 200-500 sit-ups, 10 push-ups, 100 crunches, 10 wall sits, 5 planks, etc. I also dance sometimes for half hour-an hour. Today I didn't have time to go for a run though. Also, I'm a Vegetarian...

Breakfast - Chai tea with 1/3 cup of 1% milk, no added sugar. I had a small thing of blueberries, too.

Lunch - three pieces of asparagus and about a cop of broccoli, baked in the oven with a TBSP and a half of olive oil. I had 1/2 cup of chick peas with that, and some water.

Snack - Smoothie; one cup of raspberries, and a pear, some added milk and ice.

Dinner - Cooked sprout-type things with half cup of chick peas, and basil. I put about 1/3 cup of cheese on that, I think...then I had half a small apple on the side with a glass of water.

Later - Green tea, no added sugar.

EAT*

Favorite Answer

you keep adding dairy to your meals which are the highest in phytonutrient content, which is tragic because dairy and soy milk block the absorption of antioxidants. Also, no starches (please don't buy into the 'carbs make you fat bs) which are vital for energy. You're eating enough green leafy vegetables which is fantastic, and are getting enough fruits so you're doing well there, but I'd be surprised if you could maintain this way of eating for any great length of time.

It's OK but it could always be better. I'm not much of a dietician personally, but I do highly recommend naturalnews.com for general health tips - they have thousands of articles that could probably help you significantly improve your diet.