Computer CPU/GPU question?

I recently put a lot of my money into a computer, and I want to get all of the possible power out of it, I read somewhere online that you need to hook up the gpu to the display in order for it to actually work, is it the same with my CPU & motherboard? Am I only able to run one piece of hardware at a time? What the hell. I have a quad core amd and a sapphire 6950, with an msi motherboard

Favorite Answer

Did you remember to sacrifice a chicken to Gabe Newell and dance counter-clockwise around a burning imac during the 2nd new moon of the season? Because that's what you really have to do get maximum performance out of your computer.

Are you not sure how to install your components? In that case it's really simple.

CPU:

It should tell you on a manual that comes with it. AMD is different from Intel cores. AMD CPU's have pins on them, intels don't. It's really simple though, take your cpu and make sure it's lined up properly in regards to your Motherboard, then simple fit it in, you should then be able to lock it in, it's different from each motherboard, on how you lock it in though.

GPU:

Simple find your Express GPU Buss which looks like this:

http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/120/pcie.jpg

And fit it in, take your DVI cable, or whichever you use, and fit it into the pack of your graphics card, and you're done.

You must connect your GPU to your cat's food dish, for teh maximum viewing powah. Teh processor gets installed directly into your lawnmower. It will then cut grass at teh speed of light!

what the hell are you talking about.