AMD Dual Graphics Question?

I have a Saphire 6950 and a APU A-10 5800K with an MSI FM2-A75MA-E35.

I am trying to "crossfire" the two, however this option does not show up. When I go into device manager, it clearly states that I have the latest drivers for the CPU and the discrete GPU module (7660D) as well as the Radeon 6950. No where in CCC does it have a tab for crossfire. However if I go into CCC, under information , and hardware, it says "primary adapter" which is AMD Radeon 6900 HD Series". And below that it says "Disabled adapter" which is AMD Radeon HD 7660D. Now how to I enable this adapter and have both of them enabled?

I know that my motherboard supports dual graphics AND overclocking. When going into BIOS, and intergrated graphics there is an option to chose between PEG and IDG. Not both. Any help?

thanks.

Favorite Answer

"Now how to I enable this adapter and have both of them enabled? " - You can't crossfire a "chip" with a "card". When a card is installed, the chip is disabled (automatically). If you want to Crossfire, you need two identical graphics cards installed on the motherboard.