Can a big butt cause back pains?

I've always had a large butt since I young, in jr high I even got told "I'm tol white for that ***" I can't walk for a long period of time without a pain shooting up my spine, I can't stand for a long time or even lay down. I've lost 15lb and but NONE came off my butt. I even lean slightly forward when I stand.

I tried talking to my mom about this asking to see our family's doctor who's a city away but my mom brushes it off. (I'm on Canada if that makes a difference)

I have hit my breaking point. I'm only 19 and healthy, I shouldn't be having back pains this early, epically since it started 6 years ago.

Could it be my butt causing this pain?

It's not posture because when I do stand completely straight the pain gets worse, I lean slightly forward because I kinda fall over when I stand straight :S

Favorite Answer

It's much more likely a posture thing - especially if you're leaning forward when walking and standing.

You should definitely talk to your family doctor about it and probably get a referral to a physical therapist. Back pain can be very serious and doesn't usually go away on it's own.

1

Source(s): Sciatica Treatment http://enle.info/SciaticaBackPainTreatment

I know what you mean all the doctors always say is that I'm too fat and need to loose weight I did and I still get back pains I had to be hospitalized because of it. We can only hope that someday the doctors will actually be smart and tell us what is wrong

Source(s): Comming from an actual person

I meant to add the pain is in my lower back and goes up my spine