jordan
jordan asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

If Hobby Lobby was owned by a Muslim family...?

would Conservatives be as outraged about their "religious freedom" being trampled upon? Are Muslims corporations people too?

• Greg
    Favorite Answer

If Hobby Lobby wins..... the Christian conservatives have done more to bring aspects of "Sharia law" into the U.S. legal system than Muslim terrorists ever could have hoped for.

This is why stupid people are dangerous. They claim to want something..... but are too dumb to look down the road and see the consequences of their actions.

The fact is.... if a company can force the religious beliefs of its controlling members onto THOUSANDS of employees...... then this fact is certainly not limited to "christian" religious beliefs.

Hobby Lobby isn't requiring that their employees attend church or recite bible verses, or pray, etc. They are not forcing their religion on anyone. But there are those that are trying to force THEIR beliefs (or lack there-of) onto Hobby Lobby. Get the difference?

They aren't saying that their employees can't purchase or use birth control. They can. On their own dime. Just like if said employee wants to go on a bender in Las Vegas. They can. On their own dime.

Unless medically necessary, birthcontrol does not treat any disease or abnormality. It never used to be covered under insurance at all (except with a doctor's diagnosis of a condition needing TREATMENT. --- and beling female isn't a condition, in case you didn't know) . AND, it is not that d***** expensive. I used to get it (yep, on my own dime) even for a time when I was unemployed or working a minimum wage job.

That said however, if BC pills aren't covered, then things like Viagra should not be covered either.

I think the whole issue is stupid, but I find the assumptions and twisting of the issues by the leftists on here worse than stupid. They've latched onto a new sound bite (HL is forcing their religion onto others!!) and are repeating it without any thought at all.

Oh, and if HL were owned by Muslims, many of the leftists here would be all for the muslim's religious freedom and their right to pick and choose what they will or will not financially support as far as their employees personal lives go. In fact, if they didn't agree with your life choices, you probably wouldn't even be hired in the first place.

Lots of businesses are owned by Muslims. Take a tour of Dearborn, Michigan. I shop at Muslim-owned businesses. I like the bread and the shawarma and the olive oil. I don't care what the small business owners or big business owners are providing in their health care plans. It's their money, so its their business. Private individuals are free to purchase supplementary coverage. Making companies buy or contribute toward health insurance for their employees hurts the profitability of business and thus lowers wages and cuts jobs. Hours are cut and people laid off so that the company doesn't have to pay for the insurance.

HL isn't hurting anyone.

they just don't want to pay for 4 out of 20 forms of birth control that involve abortion.

it's called freedom of religion, and it's in the 1st amendment.

if some of their employees still want to have an abortion, they are still available.

hobby lobby isn't stopping anyone from doing anything.

this whole thing would never have been an issue if obama hadn't inserted the government where it didn't belong.

Depends if the conservative is a bigot influenced by the war propaganda on mainstream news like Fox News with pundits who dislike constitutional rights or if the conservative is a pro liberty constitutionalist who knows what divide and conquer means knowing Islam is just as radical as Christianity meaning not many are terrorists. If we allow someone else to lose their first amendment then do not be surprised when you lose yours.

Actually, most conservatives and Christians for that matter believe that most Muslims are good people. Its the terrorist regime that indoctrinates themselves within the religion of Muslims that gives Muslims a bad name (ie a small terrorist group inside of a large religious group). Please tell me one instance where a Christian organization or company spoke out against, protested or ridiculed a Muslim group who was not affiliated with terrorist?

I know! What would they say if Hobby Lobby required all their female workers to wear a hajib? I can't see how the SC can rule in their favor. I'd like to know when Hobby Lobby was baptized or joined their church.

• ?

So now corporations suddenly have strongly held religious beliefs, if it can save them money? Obscene.

Conservatives are outraged so often I lose track of all their outrage issues..

• Paul

If you could understand the constitution that we live by would you create such a biased and loaded question designed to be inflammatory?