Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 7 years ago

What does slightly curve fit women's jeans mean exactly?

I'm shopping for women's jeans as a guy, and I am curious what the difference between slightly curvy and straight jeans are. For example, for Silvers Jeans Co, they have an Aiko brand that is slightly curvy and a Tuesday brand that is straight (which I suspect might be correct for me, but I am not sure).

Part of the confusing part is when the Jean designers feature models of their various jeans (such as Suki, Aiko or Tuesday in the case of Silver Jeans), all of the models basically look the same. It seems that less-curvy models are highly desired in the fashion industry, so they basically use the same type of models for all of their jeans. This makes it impossible to know the differences.

So what is a slightly curvy jean designed to do exactly? Make room for thighs? Hips? A bigger butt? All of the above? Does the material of the jean literally extend further out to the sides to account for wider hips, so it would look baggy on a person with straighter hips?

I'd appreciate someone who really understands the fitting of these jeans to explain in some length of detail the differences so I can make a better purchase decision. While my thighs and hips are wider than my legs, they obviously don't flare out like a woman's would. While I do have an hourglass shape, my hips and chest are basically the same size as well. My instinct says I should stay away from any type of curvy jean, but I want to be sure because my butt actually does extend outward and I need to account for that :)

Favorite Answer

Slightly curvy means exactly what you said - more room for butt, hips and thighs. But that doesn't mean they won't work for you. By your description of yourself, the curvy style may be right for you. I suggest trying them on in person. You will likely have a little bagging in the hips and thighs on any style just because of the way women's jeans are made. We have bigger butts, hips and thighs by nature. You will need to get the smallest waist size you can for a closer fit in the butt, hips and thighs. This will help the jeans to fit you more like they fit women which is very flattering. I have the Silver Aiko jeans and they are very flattering. Try them and see. I think you will want to stick with a bootcut or flared style to give you the most flattering balance and fit.