Christians: How do you know this isn't happening?

Christians: Have you considered the possibility there is a God, but it isn't your God? What if there is a God similar to your God but not actually him, and in balance also a Satan again similar but the same as yours. What if everything you believe was an elaborate hoax by this Satan, the ultimate deceiver, to lead you away from the true God and towards a false idol. When you feel the holy spirit that is Satan misguiding you but you as a mere mortal are incapable of telling the difference. Everything in the Bible, everything you believe is a trick by the evil one to convince you to follow a false god. All the events the Bible reports as acts of God were actually a complex plan of Satan's simply to deceive and misguide you (given the number of atrocities and genocides in the old testament it even sounds more likely the work of the devil than God anyway). Jesus wasn't God in the form of man, but rather Satan in the form of man again leading you away from the one true God.

You have to admit by your own definition of Satan that is exactly the sort of thing he would do right? He thrives on deceit. He has the power to do it and his sole goal is to turn man from God.

Is this a possibility? Would you have anyway of knowing if it were the case?

[*I am an atheist, I have the read the Bible, but probably not studied it or been taught it in the detail you have so am genuinely looking for honest answers.]

• Zac Z
    Favorite Answer

It's amusing that some people here are citing scripture to reply to your quite interesting question.

The problem of course is that there's no way to distinguish between your scenario and the orthodox view. It'd help if God made himself a little more seen or heard, as it is it's all up to interpretation of "him speaking n your heart", etc. Not exactly what you'd expect from an almighty god with an intense interest in every human being's fate....

Zac

Actually there's no if's it is happening, Satan's the originator of what is seen today as 'Christian' religion, why?, simply look at scripture properly for the answers, he is currently ruling the word along with all the major players entertainment, government and religion. If the supposedly Christian church were really on God's side would what they teach be so far away from what scripture actually says?, no. Their triune pagan god has no place in the word of our creator Almighty God.

(1 John 5:19) “We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.”

(Galatians 3:20) “Now there is no mediator where only one person is concerned, but God is only one.”

(1 Timothy 2:5-6) “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”

With the same contemplation that is used to ponder square circles and dry water.

When a lost soul is seeking truth, God will reach out to them and reveal that truth to them. The reason that happens, is because God is real. You have not discovered that to be true, that does not mean that it is not true.

Scripture also tells us that there are some who do not really seek the truth, yet will search forever for it. Ever seeking and never coming to that knowledge. Those would be the same folks who are looking for that dry water, wondering why people think it does not exist.

Early on in my age, the holy spirit placed within my heart, the predicaments I saw. When you read the bible, its amazing how many are deceived in the end time scenario. So here I am in Christian bible study class and supposedly we are all in the truth. We were learning the general accepted ways. Very systematic. Very much what most christians believe.

God placed in my heart this predicament I saw. The bible lets us know this predicament though. This is good though, because YOUR question, is that predicament that the bible teaches. See when you take that to heart. Your left alone in the dark because you realize you can't depend on any man. So who? You HAVE to call unto God from here. You just pray intensely, that God will guide you through the storm of deception. God is your spotlight leading you out of the darkness and into the light.

Atheist will chuckle at this, but, I actually experienced God. In my experience, within, God is unconditional love that is so deep that it is pain. Pain within. Its this love, that is so deep, that it can be overwhelming to the point it knocks you down to the ground. Most people who don't understand God in the bible: are quick to see him in a superficial way. A way turns God into a man made image, or a creature, basically into a Corruptible God. See, when you know God, you know God is un-corruptible. A reprobate, will turn God into a corruptible God. Satan if anything, is trying to turn many into reprobate minds. In the bible, somehow, a reprobate mind causes God to give them up. I believe, these are people who can never be saved. Not a doctrine people want to hear, but, it is there. I read the bible and God seems to be clear on these type of people. Explains why God gives them up...but when God gives them up its not because God gave them up first, but, they gave God up first. And, for whatever reason, God seems to give them up for good.

‘Is it not an exaggeration to say that all of us are in danger of being deceived with regard to our religious beliefs?’ you might ask. No, it is not. This is because Satan the Devil, whom Jesus called “the father of the lie,” is bent on deceiving and deluding all of us. (John 8:44) Satan is also described in the Bible as “the god of this system of things.” He has “blinded the minds” of millions of people throughout history. (2 Corinthians 4:4) Even now, he is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”—Revelation 12:9.

Satan began deceiving mankind at the very start of human history. For example, he deceived Eve into believing that she was not subject to the laws of her Creator and that she could “be like God, knowing good and bad,” that is, deciding for herself what was good and what was bad. (Genesis 3:1-5) That was the first great deception, for even though humans were given the freedom to choose what they would do, they were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Only God himself, as Creator and Sovereign, has that right and authority. (Jeremiah 10:23; Revelation 4:11) What a delusion to believe that the right to choose between good and bad means the right to determine what is good and what is bad! Unfortunately, we imperfect humans easily fall into that trap.

Source(s): www.jw.org
  • Stevie

The god of this world is Saturn run by the priestly Saturnalian brotherhood.

Saturn is satan. Many religions and people ( unknowingly ) are worshipping Saturn. I am not at liberty to say which ones, it is up to people to find that out themselves. 666 is Saturn. 6th planet. 6th day of the week. Six pointed star represents Saturn. Saturn has a hexagonal shape on its surface. hexagon is a 6 sided shape.

Saturn is responsible for naturalism and materialism. Saturn wants to keep the physical illusion of the world going on. Consciousness condensed into matter more and more. Sex sex and more sex.

• Jas B

One of the greatest Christians in the world today has spoken about this;

"God is not upset that Gandhi was not a Christian, because God is not a Christian! All of God's children and their different faiths help us to realize the immensity of God".

Desmond Tutu, retired South African Anglican bishop and Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Many Christians around the world think as he does.

I have faith. One thing I learned from the Holy Spirit within me is all monotheistic religions are correct. We are all indeed worshipping the same God. Different people from earlier times spreaded the message of creationism, so religions all have different names. Every religion has some truth to it. Most religions are teaching the same thing: love one another. A God that is love is definitely real. People who have NDEs all experience a God of love when they die no matter what religion they chose to follow in their life. Atheism is the only belief system that one will for sure end up in Hell unless the Atheist is innocent and no one taught the person about God.

Source(s): Follower of Christ
  • Beyond

John 3: 1 -8 (New American Standard Bible)

Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

8 The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. ---Jesus

1 Corinthians 6:19

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? ---Paul

John 20:22

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit."

----Jesus

The assurance of salvation is made real by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.

It is this presence of God within the believer that convinces him or her of their position in the kingdom of God, ---a constant small "voice" of understanding.

Jesus said, "...you must be born again.." and refers to this inhabitation, as the birth within of what becomes a new creation, in the heart and mind of the believer.

My brother, when finally having that heart to heart conversation with me, said the change in me was like this (showing me the back of his hand) to that (showing me the palm of his hand).

It is an upheaval of all you are and know, and a rebirth to an understanding of incredible value and depth, that no man could explain or envision without having undergone the experience.

You literally become a new creature, and therein lies the assurance of our faith.

Source(s): The Bible
  • there are many gods in this world, many of them are made up and false; only one is true holy faithful and real however, and he is the God of the Bible.