Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 7 years ago

I am a 17 yr old male looking for a car that is Reliable and has good gas mileage but I want it to look decent. what do you suggest?

cheap insurance is also important but I know that it is going to be up in price because of my age.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You can look at either a Honda Accord Coupe (or sedan) or a Toyota Corolla S. They're cheap to maintain and repair and they're easy on insurance (although insurance companies will look at a lot more than just the cars you're trying to insure). Scions (which are basically Toyotas for the younger drivers) are reliable and fun, but cops love pulling these cars over. All of these options are also great on gas.

If you do go with either options, get a 2003 or newer. A lot of revisions and corrections were implemented into the 2003 models.

Although Mustangs can be fun, they don't age very gracefully. My father had a Mustang that he bought new, and after 5 years, it started leaking oil, the AC died, and the radiator needed to be replaced.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'm 18 and looking for my first car to. From what I learned Toyota and Nissan's are reliable.

Most mustangs are hard on gas and insurance would be high. But they are also great cars just nothing for a teenager. Also your insurance would go up because your male. You could take a Defensive Driving class or get good grades and that would lower your insurance.

• 7 years ago

Any Honda or Toyota will be reliable. A V6 Ford Mustang is very reliable and insurance is not too high.

• 7 years ago

I am seventeen as well, I drive a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, Insurance is $121.23 a month and it gets around 26 mpg with the 2.2 ecotec engine it has (4cylinder) and they are sporty looking when they are stock, they are also cheap to repair and easily modified, its also pretty quick.

Source(s): experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Mazda 3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.