Will Rosetta Stone help me become fluent in languages?

I really want to learn Russian and German and I was looking into Rosetta Stone but I'm not sure if I should purchase it. Does anyone know if it is worth the price and if it will help you with becoming fluent?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just forget RS completely!

RS is ridiculously overpriced, overrated and overhyped. All it does is make you repeat simple things like a parrot, nothing else. No context-based learning, no feedback, no grammar teaching, no conversation, no nothing. Cash-in for absolutely nothing, because this will never ever be able to replace real face-to-face language lessons nor other "conventional" language learning methods, nor make anyone fluent in any language, let alone master one. Please stay well away from these kind of "gimmicks"!

• Aya
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't really think it's possible to become fluent in any language by using a computer course. Such courses can only have so much content, and it's impossible to get the truly varied experiences involved in speaking with real people by using such a course. So it might be a good start, but if you really want to be fluent you will eventually need proper classes and interaction with other speakers (including other learners) in order to advance.

• 7 years ago

I've never tried it, but I hear it is very, very useful for beginners and moderate speakers. It is apparently very difficult to reach fluency using the course.

• RE
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No. RS is for beginners only, and it is overpriced.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.