Chrisdubbs31 asked in SportsHockey · 7 years ago

Where can I meet players of the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C.?

My family and I are thinking about going to a Capitals home game and we would really like to know where we can meet players after a game there. Does anyone know?

• ?

Washington Capitals Practice Schedule

• Trying to meet them at the arena is very difficult. As Eagle suggested, you might want to go to the Kettler Capitals Iceplex (which is above the Ballston Commons Mall). The players typically park on the 8th, 7th, and 6th floors, and you can usually get autographs from some of the guys there. Most of the guys are pretty nice about signing stuff and will even take pictures.

I've been before a practice once or twice (and the players have to be there an hour before practice, so show up early), and there's a spot on the 7th floor marked off for people trying to buttonhole players.

Source(s): I've gotten autographs (and photos) this way.

What you could do instead of trying to meet them at the verizon center, you could go to the Kettler Capitals IcePlex in Arlington,Va, where they practice. Most practices are open to the public, and I'm pretty sure they will sign stuff after in the parking lot. Look on their website capitals.nhl.com to see their practice schedule.

Source(s): Attended a capitals practice before

You cant, not unless you have passes to go to the family area or you know a guy. We get passes because we know the Red Wings coach, but even then you arent guaranteed to meet the players. It's all luck.

• Stevie

On the golf courses of Northern VA real soon now...