whats the best way to get more hp from a 1994 350 tbi?

i want more power out of mine and i have many 96 vortec engines lying around (all broken in some way) what the cheapest/easiest way to get more power from it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

First off, you can put a set of those Vortec heads to work on a running engine. When you do that, pull it apart and clean it up. If you have any major scrapes on any cylinder, it will have to be bored. Get a gasket kit just remember that all the gaskets will not go on one engine. The Vortec heads will require the MFI fuel service. Last but not least you will have to reprogram a PCM to match the engine. While you are at it, I could use a set of Vortec heads and MFI intake as well. If you feel you can part with them, email me at aliencomando@yahoo.com with details and what you want for them.

• 6 years ago

You can't just put those heads on a TBI motor..you'd be better off getting a Vortec to carb intake, then running a carb to TBI adapter. Vortec TBI intakes are expensive, and you'll never pass emissions as there is no way to run EGR without a ton of work.

Programming is the least of your worries. Physically, it's extremely difficult. The stock engine is pretty good, you can run headers to bump performance up a bit, but even that would require PROM tuning after all is said and done.

• bob
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

this page covers it all

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.