How would you answer these questions?

Why do you deserve to eat 3 meals a day when people in Africa are starving to death?

Why do you deserve to be safe and comfortable when people in Indonesia are being sold as sex slaves?

Why do you deserve to be dancing at clubs when people in hospitals are dying of cancer?

Why do you deserve to rest on vacation when people in egypt had to work as slaves?

Why do you deserve to have friends when people in ancient times were being burned to death for their beliefs?

Why do you deserve to be alive when bugs and insects get squashed to death?

When do you deserve to go to heaven when demons sin as well and they are in hell?

This is the way I see it - this life is about fulfilling our requirement that we must suffer some how in some way during our life times and it is about finding satisfaction. It is not about being happy. Happiness comes in the next life for those who are obedient to the Lord.

Favorite Answer

My questions:

Why do you deserve to know how to write sentences, when people in Africa cannot read?

Why do you deserve to have a computer, when people in Indonesia cannot afford one?

Why do you deserve to have sight, when some people are blind?

Why do you deserve to have fingers, when some people get theirs cut off?

Why do you deserve to have cognitive ability when some people are born brain dead?

Why do you deserve to pass judgement when complaining on Yahoo isn't helping the people you've mentioned?

If Nietzsche were alive he'd scold you for your comment about the afterlife. Our life is now, therefore we need to live it to the best, now. In terms of the questions you were asking... it all comes down to privilege. Westerners don't deserve anything, they were just born into privilege. That's why privileged people must do everything they can to help 3rd world countries. Do they? But thats what it comes down to. Privilege. You can feel guilty about having access to clean food and water, shelter, and much more, but that's just the way things are.

• Tammy

1. Because I feed hungry Americans. And if they would drop the religious junk and stop having more children than they can care for, everyone's burden would be lighter. I don't deserve to eat in the face of starvation, but I was taught that charity begins at home. Therefore, I feed my hungry community members, directly, I don't use charity, I just take groceries.

2. American people are kidnapped and used as sex slaves, too. Sexual predators exist in every society. When you figure out how to stop them before they offend, let the rest of us know. Right now, we have to wait until the wolf hunting to identify it as a wolf.

3. I don't go to clubs. I have lost most of my family and many of my friends to death. The end of life is never pretty, like they make it seem in the movies. Their is sorrow and grief and fear and anger. Every time. I did not harm any of them. I have never harmed any one. I am not guilty of giving people cancer.

4. Well, I would not own a slave. I think that is the worst thing mankind has ever done to mankind. Here in America, we fought a war, in part to end that practice here. That seems to mean that more of us were against slavery than for slavery. I don't have guilt about this one either. I would not own a slave, or support my government if they tried to make it legal once again.

5. People suck, religion makes them suck harder. This is another of those things I would never do. I don't know what friendship has to do with burning heretics, though.

6. God gave us dominion over the lesser animals, is the answer if you are seeking a religious one, because they need to stay outside if they want to live, is my secular answer. Bugs in the house have to die.

7. I don't believe in life after death. Demons aren't uncomfortable in hell, it's where they call home.

You go on and suffer all you want, I'll do what I can to be happy while I'm here. You go ahead and wait on god, see what it gets you.

You're welcome to see it that way, but since I don't believe in a next life nor do I believe in your Lord, I see it differently.

And the answer to your questions is easy because you're using the wrong language. I don't "deserve" anything more than the next person. I just have access to it. Me denying myself things doesn't automatically make other people get them. Life isn't that simple.

• Johnny

You simply don't get it. The children in africa deserves to eat and I deserve to eat. They don't get what they deserve. Do you agree?

But they don't beause there is no good God helping the children.

Suffer as much as you please. Have fun dreaming of a next life that never comes.....

Deserving has very little to do with any of those questions.

You appear to think that how much someone deserves,, is necessarily dependant on the situation of someone else in the world that YOU arbitrarily pick.

• Paul

"Deserving" is irrelevant, and subjective.

I happen to have been born in a place where the economy is developed and stable -- others weren't.

Because I care about my planet, and the humans on it, I try to do some things to improve conditions in places where life is hard and short, and where they lack resources.

That has nothing to do with imaginary god-things or "lords."

• ?

Oh, why oh why did I ever leave Wyoming. Cause a mud slide dats Y.

• I wouldn't answer them. Whether or not a person deserves any of these things is subjective and ultimately irrelevant. Better questions would be how can people who can afford to meet their own needs help those who cannot.

I'll answer all questions at once.

GO DO SOMETHING THEN.