atheists: what leader had a more negative impact on society?
mohammed, hitler, stalin, margaret thatcher, tony blair, george bush
- NeilLv 56 years agoFavorite Answer
Pretty much a tie for first place between Muhammed and Stalin. Both are responsible for uncountable numbers of deaths and suffering and the problems caused by both of them are still causing suffering today. Muhammed's influence is wider reaching because religions tend to spread further and last longer than political parties, however we do owe a debt of thanks to Islam for scientific advancements in the middle ages, whereas there was very little benefit to anyone from Stalinism.
If I had to call it now I would Stalin probably takes it, although with Islam still growing and spreading whilst the former USSR continues to recover from the Stalinist days Muhammed will soon over take.
After those two in first place:
2) Hitler. Not as bad as Stalin as he did do a lot of good for Germany, and his death toll is far lower, but still pretty much as evil as it's possible to be.
(From here on in shouldn't even be on the list! All made bad decisions and are responsible for human suffering but nothing like in the league of the other three... Pol Pot / Mao Zedung / Pinochet / Radomir Kovac / Kim Jong-Il / Idi Amin / Hirohito / Brezhnev / etc. Would have made fairer further options.)
5) Tony Blair joined two wars that were unjustified, but were both in countries that were already violent and war torn so the impact the invasion made was probably only as an accelerator. Ruined Britains economy, or rather failed to save it. Not a good leader but not anything like close to joining the big leagues!
6) Margaret Thatcher. Violence-wise only really the Falklands war to her name, and whilst the justification for Britain still owning a little rock thousands of miles from our mainland is questionable she was only responding to foreign hostilities so can't be blamed for that. Her domestic policies whilst unpopular were for the most part fair, she just bought them in to quickly and to close together so the net result ruined thousands financially. But she was, in her mind at least, doing it for the good of her people. There was no malice intended.
7) Bush: Not fair to include him at all. The man is a simpleton, calling him evil is like placing a baby in front of a few flashing buttons one of which starts a war, then blaming the baby when war starts.
- OMIJENLv 66 years ago
You seem to have a real problem with Atheists. Feel really sorry for you. Why not ask your Christian cohorts what they think??.
Considering the high and mighty Catholics, who had and still have so many phedophile priests, and loved torturing during the religious inquisitions. The killings in the name of Islam and the Koran. You need to rethink your question...
Ever heard the term... Separation of Church and Government ????
Quit blaming and questioning people that have common sense. Typical of a Level one question
- DanielLv 46 years ago
Mohammed in the long-run. Hitler/Stalin killed millions in a short period of time. Islam will kill billions over the long-haul.
That being said, we owe Islam a debt for our scientific advancement after the dark ages.
- lasloLv 76 years ago
That remains to be seen. I think they should all be relegated to the trashbin of history.
PS: Hitler wasn't an atheist, and Stalin studied in seminary.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 years ago
The Emperor Constantine.
If he had not adopted Christianity as the official religion of Rome it would probably have faded away.
As it is, countless millions have died because of his decision.
- Anonymous6 years ago
Jesus was the reason the rest of them were who they were.So I'd say Jesus.
- RicardoLv 76 years ago
Pope Innosent 3rd.
- Anti-FireballLv 56 years ago
Stalin... wasn't it under his leadership that 20,000,000 died?
If not then Hitler
- 6 years ago
Darwin brainwashing supposedly intelligent people into his monster hoax re evolution. Fish turning into human beings over billions of years, how pathetic.
- Wage SlaveLv 76 years ago
Why is this addressed at atheists and why does atheism have anything to do with it?