Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 years ago

I'm scared and need advice.?

I'm a 17 year old female an I've been experiencing some weird symptoms lately. Recently I've been having frequent bruising on my legs for unknown reasons. I've also been having a lot of bone and joint pain, especially in my hips and knees. Recently I have been having a lot of discomfort in my stomach as well as being tired all of the time. Just a few days ago I noticed a few red spots on my stomach by my belly button and some on my thigh which I've never had before. I know these are all symptoms of Leukemia and I can't help but freak myself out over this. Can anyone give me some advice on what the likelihood is that I actually do have it? By the way there is no family history of Leukemia in my family.

• Grace
    Favorite Answer

First of all, it's very unlikely that you have leukemia. Technically anything is possible, but it is VERY unlikely.

When was the last time you got a full physical with bloodwork by your doctor? If it's been a while, it would definitely be a good idea to make an appointment and get yourself checked out. There are many less scary highly treatable things that could be wrong with you.

That said, I actually started having very similar symtoms at exactly your age (I'm 25 now). My back was actual hurting more at 17 and since then it has become more painful in my hips and knees. That turned out to be bursitis, which is a swelling of the fluid sac around your joint. Not much you can do except take anti-inflammatory drugs and get injections in the joint when the pain gets really bad.

Anyway, my point is- don't worry too much until you get yourself checked out by a doctor, but DEFINITELY get yourself checked out by a doctor, just to be on the safe side. Feel better!