Question about Hell.....................?

If everyone who doesn't accept Jesus in their heart is going to hell, then does that mean that the Jews who died in the Holocaust are going to Hell.................?

I am asking this as a Christian myself, because it seems to me that many other Christians have a warped view of Heaven, Hell and the afterlife. Specifically the evangelical view that says that only those who have a personal relationship with Jesus go to Heaven. So not even those who consider themselves Christians and do good works, because good works on this view is considered works righteousness.

So all the Jews who were killed in the Holocaust, and all the Muslims who are being slaughtered genocidally in Central Africa, and all the Kurds who were gased in Iraq are going to hell. And worst yet, God is going to take pleasure torturing these people for eternity. So essentially God, after allowing the Jews to be gased to death in the concentration camps is going to set up another one of his own for them, and gas them again. Only thing is, unlike Hitlers that lasted a life time his will last for all eternity and he'll enjoy.

That's a pretty sick, sadistic view of God I have to say.

Update:

@Answerers......I am still Christian. What I am critiquing is a specific view of the Afterlife and judgement that pervades certain sections of Western Christianity. Obviously a proper understanding of Scripture does not lead to the things I described

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

But that isn't the case, so it does not mean that the Jews who died in the Holocaust are going to Hell.

And no, God doesn't take pleasure in the loss of any of his children. Still, Hell is never forever. We can see from the Revelation that death and Hell must both be destroyed so that the resurrections may occur.

• 6 years ago

If everyone who doesn't accept Jesus in their heart is going to hell, then does that mean that the Jews who died in the Holocaust are going to Hell.................?

yes according to god

So not even those who consider themselves Christians and do good works, because good works on this view is considered works righteousness.?

that is correct were not saved because of any righteous acts we do or have done

were saved by god's grace alone

So all the Jews who were killed in the Holocaust, and all the Muslims who are being slaughtered genocidally in Central Africa, and all the Kurds who were gased in Iraq are going to hell. And worst yet, God is going to take pleasure torturing these people for eternity. So essentially God, after allowing the Jews to be gased to death in the concentration camps is going to set up another one of his own for them, and gas them again. Only thing is, unlike Hitlers that lasted a life time his will last for all eternity and he'll enjoy.?

yes all will go to hell

no god is not taking pleasure in it as you are claiming

god is not setting up another gas chamber

you have wrong information

• 6 years ago

Religion is a tricky thing because men have fundamentally screwed with it to suit their own beliefs. Jesus did not exist to save people from their sins. He devoted himself to teaching them that there truly is life after death and that people should be kind and hopeful and live their lives in joy knowing that their existence will not end when their physical bodies are discarded. Period. All that other garbage was made up to control the masses and keep people in fear and ignorant of the truth. Jesus said the truth will set you free, so you must use your own logic to determine it.

• OMIJEN
      Lv 6
      6 years agoReport

Hi: you put a sensible spin on things, Agree with you 100% Nice to see intelligent people answering :-))

• Micah
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Please read this about hell. It is not a bad place like the churches of Christendom teach. Read the Scriptures that are given in your own Bible.

WHO GOES TO HELL?

Hell (“Sheol” and “Hades” in the Bible’s original languages) is simply the grave, not a place of fiery torment. Who go to hell? Both good people and bad people. (Job 14:13; Psalm 9:17) The Bible says that this common grave of mankind is “the house of meeting for everyone living.”—⁠Job 30:23.

Even Jesus went to hell when he died. However, “he was not kept in hell,” because God resurrected him.—⁠Acts 2:31, 32, The Bible in Basic English.

IS HELL ETERNAL?

All those who go to hell will come back out, brought to life by Jesus through God’s power. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) Speaking of that future resurrection, the prophecy at Revelation 20:13 says that “death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them.” (King James Version) Once hell has been emptied, it will no longer exist; no one will ever go there again because “death will be no more.”—⁠Revelation 21:3, 4; 20:14.

Not everyone who dies goes to hell, though. The Bible shows that some people become so steeped in wickedness that they are beyond repentance. (Hebrews 10:26, 27) When such ones die, they go, not to hell, but to Gehenna, which is a symbol of everlasting destruction. (Matthew 5:29, 30) For example, Jesus indicated that some of the hypocritical religious leaders in his day would go to Gehenna.—⁠Matthew 23:27-33.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I am ashamed of you. God spent 1600 years having the bible written so you could know all you need to know and you are too lazy to read it.

Please allow me to tell you, some of the things it says.

Hell, as a place of torment, is a pagan myth, not taught in the bible.

Not everyone who says he is a Christian, is one. Matthew 7:21.

There is no way to have a personal relationship with Jesus as we have no way to communicate with him. God is the only hearer of prayer. Matthew 6:9 Praying to Jesus is idolatry.

Those who choose to make up their own rules and then consider themselves Christian because they do good works, are deceiving themselves. - Proverbs 14:12.

The Jews, Muslims, Kurds and everyone else who ever died, has paid the price for their sins. Romans 6:7.

Unless they took an active stand against God during their lifetime, they will be resurrected. John 5:28.

They will be taught the truth and be given a choice to follow God or Satan. Those who choose to follow God will be given everlasting life. Psalm 37:9,10,11 & 29.

But of course, as a Christian, you already knew all that. John 17:3

• 6 years ago

The Bible says that he who has died has been acquitted of their sins. It's what they do after they are resurrected that matters.

• eliska
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

THE MYTHICAL PLACES CALLED HEAVEN OR HELL ARE TWO OLD NAMES GIVEN TO EARTH...ONE RACE CALLED IT HEAVEN ANOTHER RACE CALLED IT HELL BOTH MEANING BEUTIFUL....DEPENDING ON WHO RULES EARHT,IT CAN BE HEAVEN ...OR IT CAN BE HELL...YOU ARE GIVEN ONE SHOT AT LIFE...FOR THE NEXT 80 YEARS OF THE AVRG LIFE SPAN, YOU WILL TRY TO KEEP YOUR EXISTENCE ALIVE BECOUSE ONCE YOU DIE...ITS OVER..NO RESTARTS...YOU COME FROM DARKNESS,NOTHING...THEN YOU ARE THEN BORN, YOU SEE ,FEEL, TOUCH, COMMUNICATE LOVE, TASTE ....THEN YOU GO BACK TO THE DARKNESS.......NOTHING....

AGAIN YOUR ONE SHOT AT LIFE IS NOW....NOT 2000 YEARS AGO...NOW....DO YOU REMEBER BEFORE YOU WERE BORN??? OF COURSE NOT..YOU DIDNT EXIST...

I KNOW THE TRUTH,,,RELIGION IS A MONEY SCAM, TAX SHELTER, FOR NO GODS EXIST...

I AM FREE FROM RELIGIOUS LIES,MILITARY LIES, MEDIA LIES, I SEE THERE LIES, I KNOW THE TRUTH..

.EARTH TRULEY IS HEAVEN BUT EVIL PEOPLE CONTROL IT SO IT SEEMS LIKE HELL...

FOR A PLANET THAT TALKS OF PEACE YOU SURE SEEM TO KEEP FIGHTING ALOT...

• 6 years ago

we do not know for sure if somebody is going to go to hell because we don't know half of their story but god knows. so until we actually die all we can do is try to be a good human being.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Scripture makes it clear that each persons fate will be decided based on what they know.

Dont worry. No one in hell is saying This is so unfair!

For you to make the statement that God would take pleasure in destroying his enemies, shows that you are in error because you do not know the scriptures.

They stand condemned already. Everyone will be given an opportunity to receive the free gift of salvation during their lives. If they blaspheme Gods Holy Spirit and reject the offer of forgiveness, there will be no one to rescue them.

The word Christian means Christ follower. Doesnt sound like you are. It sounds like you are involved in a religion that bares his title.

• OMIJEN
      Lv 6
      6 years agoReport

I agree with your comments.... thanks :-))

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Okay I have been studying hell.... it DOES NOT EXIST soo...In greek the word hell means the grave... I looked at the original greek bible and the word "hell" is never mentioned instead the word "Gehenna" is used (Gehenna was a massive fire pit in a valley outside of Jerusalem where dead bodies and junk were burned - the fire never went out) the word "hell" is first seen in the Latin translation- in latin the word hell means inferno.. gehenna=fire=hell in latin.. you get it? so the people who translated from greek to latin used the word "hell" (meaning inferno) for Gehenna.

• OMIJEN
      Lv 6
      6 years agoReport

Appreciate your research.... Nice to see intelligent people answering :-))

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.