I'm depressed from being so bored?

I have a type-a personality. When I don't do anything productive or fun for a long period of time, I start getting depressed. I hate staying indoors at home all day. I don't want to just walk around the neighborhood when there's nothing to do out here. I can't drive anywhere because my mom's car is in bad shape for now. She's not taking the car to the shop until tomorrow I think.

What do I do? I am so bored. I can't find anything fun to do. I want to go to the beach, but I can't get there. HELP. I'm going crazy staying inside.

• PR

Once the car is fixed, volunteer somewhere to help others. Since you are a type-A personality, you will find that there are so many things to do, you will be fulfilled in that way.

Perhaps you can offer to help fund the repair of the car, so you both can use it. Can you babysit? That would use some of your time and also make some money. Perhaps there are some children right in your own neighborhood that you can babysit for.

Can you take a class online, or teach yourself a foreign language online?

Do you have friends whose homes you could go to for a visit, or perhaps spend some time with a relative? Sometimes relatives are happy to have company and possibly some help in some way.

http://www.bygpub.com/books/tg2rw/volunteer.htm

read a book