Is it time to see a doctor about my hand?

Hey there, I have a bit of a question regarding my hand. Ever since my girlfriend (now ex...) broke up with my a few months ago, me and some friends have started doing boxing and I find it to be loads of fun. I primarily don't do contact, mostly do shadow boxing and kind of doing "dancing" with music to get agile on my feet, and only punching a bag gently so as to get the movements down and practice boxing with two dominant hands (ambidextrous). In the middle of February, I saw what was then my ex of a week hooking up with something like 4 guys and lost it. The next day I went to my gym and just wrecked the bag with no protection on my hands. It was really bruised for quite a bit of time afterwards, and still is a little today. Also got really cut up on the knuckles with marks still there. For about a week, my right hand was absolutely killing me: wasn't able to grip anything, couldn't lift a book up, couldn't hold something or touch anything, even just doing nothing to it, like resting it on a pillow would cause it to kill. The pain has left, but whenever I rub my knuckles on my right hand, specifically the index finger, it feels as though something is cracking or moving, and when I do the same movement on the other hand, there is nothing. Whenever I straighten my hand also, the skin curves inward where most of the pain is found. Is it time I go see my doctor you think?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

2 Answers

  • Sally
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

    yes, it is the time to consult a doctor dear.

  • Ninja
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

    Because. It's been hurting for a while, I assume you cracked a bone in your wrist or hand. It's fairly common. Go to the doctors and get an X-ray.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.