How do I go about getting a divorce?

Asaalamu alaikum

How easy or difficult is it to get a divorce in Islam?

I want a divorce from my husband who has never been good to me from day 1.

How do I go about getting a divorce?

Favorite Answer

Hello sister

Firstly never email abdulmalik he is the ramadan pervert.

2nd of all make sure to pack all your things including your wedding sari and jewellery so u can sell it, change your bank account details and take some money out of his account. Change your number, email address and delete any social networking sites, don't leave any history on your laptop. First of all find some money and a place u can stay then move out.

Finally go to a lawyer and yeah ask for a divorce. I advice you not to go to the Islamic court in the UK - if u live in the uk that is - because they would take the men's side.

Good luck xx

• 6 years agoReport

Good sister u do that. Anyways the courts would do it anyways and give you all his money so u might as well. Make sure your husband pays child support and spousal support too. Good luck xxxxxx

• Shah

If you go by the Quran, then its very simple.

Call an elder from your side and an elder from his side. Put your matter in front of them. And tell them that you need a divorce. File the divorce and stay with your husband for the interim period. If by any chance during this interim period you reconcile, then tell the elders and revoke the divorce before the interim period is over. Else proceed with the divorce.

Source(s): Quranist, "God Alone, Quran Alone"

If you are married islamically (islamic law) only and you live in a western nation; just open the front door and walk out and leave him well behind.

If married according to UK law, I suggest you go to CAB to get help.

John

Work things out, but if things are so bad, just tell him the truth, and if he tries to hurt you, do whatever you can to stop it, for me i always try acting really weird and scary and it makes people run off and they crap themselves

• Tarifa6 years agoReport

I have tried everything to remedy bad marriage for years, but he is simply not a husband material.

• SS.

wsalam, how about try and talk to your husband? If you've already tried this and can't tolerate it anymore...obviously because there's only so much patience someone can hold, and you don't deserve to be dealing with rubbish, then speak to an imam or get proper information on how to get a divorce, as you are serious about it.

• Tarifa6 years agoReport

I am done talking to husband. I have enough of his promiscuity, drinking, gambling, atheism, etc. I also have enough of crap advice from unwilling Imams who all have told me to stay married and give my husband many chances. Imams are no help. They just keep reminding me of my duty to husband.

Go to court

but it must have a good reason to get devorce

• Caz

The answer depends on where you live.

In the UK you go to a solicitor and get him or her to help you.

I am so sorry for you. What is the problem in the marriage sister? What do you mean when you say he hasn't been good? Maybe you expect too much? You have to be patient. Divorce is not a small thing.

You can also email me and we can discuss your issues better inshaAllah. Take care, AsSalam Alaikum.

• Nimi

A muslim man can give divorce by saying this 3 times talaq talaq talaq, so easy

Wasslam.

Islam encourages men to take care his family, so he has responsibilities in which he must full-fill in order to make Allah happy.

Do not listen to any community stuff. How come they are not helping your husband is acting like an 18 year old.