Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 years ago

Gaming computer help for a 1st time build please? c:?

So I've decided to build my own computer. Unfortunately I don't know much about what I'm doing. Basically, I'm wondering if what I'm getting is worth the money (by the way my budget is (hopefully) ~$800), and advice on whether there are components that are a better bang for the buck.

Specs:

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ~$129.99

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ~$29.79

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ~$64.75

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ~$84.98

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ~$89.79

Video Card [NOT from PC Part Picker]: http://goo.gl/PDE2Sb ~$148.71/$149 (depending on seller I choose)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ~$57.99

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ~$79.99

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ~$19.75

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ~$104.94

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ~$19.99

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ~$27.22

On top of that:

I'm going to be getting a monitor, a mouse, and a keyboard.

I will probably be looking into sites (ex: e-bay) to find better deals.

Also, does the Corsair 200R Case come with case fan(s), or will I have to buy those separately?

Thanks

SPL: http://goo.gl/6acfG7

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

HOLD

Your build is kinda inaccurate. A10 were made for those who cannot afford gpu, which is not in your case. $800 include monitor, keyboard mouse and original OS. Assuming keyboard, mouse, original window 8 and monitor used up $250, that leaves $550 for the pc only. This only can afford you middle class pc which is kinda a bit pity.

The sound card is not necessary. If you pick a good motherboard such as gigabyte, its onboard has optic that can be used for full 7.1 channel (unlike MSI or Asus that couldn't support).

For detailed build, I kinda lazy. So I just copy paste other answer which has similar request.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1984346/gam...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ TigerDirect)

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.44 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($194.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $608.35

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-17 12:46 EST-0500)

PS: I would change the motherboard with gigabyte product, it should have product code "970A" which mean the chip set used in it. Such as:

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P $74.99

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-...

Yeah I know its from January build, but there has been few progress of new parts from then till now.

Good luck and don't forget the 5 stars

• Amanda
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

The individual prices for all those components look reasonable for what they are so I don't think you're getting ripped off.

You do need to make sure that all the components are compatible with each other though, I'm assuming that you used a resource site to determine that all these components are compatible with the motherboard, the motherboard is compatible with the case, and all the components are compatible with each other? If you used www.pcpartpicker.com then you should be fine.

That particular case you are looking at does come with two fans and that should be plenty for the size of the case. However, everything I am reading about that case says that it is quite a tight fit. I would strongly recommend that you look at a case such as an Antec that has much more room. It is already hard enough to move around in a small case when you know what you're doing. With this being your first build, I can tell you that the frustration level of trying to move around in that case is going to send you over the deep end. Better to get a roomy case, which is also better for air flow around your components as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.