POLLS: Would you consider ACDC as a heavy metal band?

in the Bon Scott era they were considered a heavy metal band.. now in the Brian Johnson they are more of a blues based rock and hard rock band. I've played Back in Black and the solo on my guitar it does sound heavy metal for my tastes some of there songs are blues. But songs like thunder struck or sin city those are heavy metal but Metallica is the real heavy metal.

Best Answer

I saw them with Bon and while he was lead singer they tried to classify themselves as a punk band. Go back and look at early photos of Bon wearing feather boas and animal prints. Also they use to have fake cops arrest Angus for truancy, etc.. Punk bands loved to play out crap like that. They weren't really considered hard rock until they toured the US with Ted Nugent. Yes most of their music is 3 chord blues and boogie woogie. But they are not heavy metal.

No, their music is pure Hard Rock. Not even a single trace of Heavy Metal.

• John67

I think I'd call them hard rock

Nah. They played some heavy metal but not to where I would call them a metal band.

• Math

yes i would

Hard rock

• OU812

Of course not.

yes