I have 3 monitors connected to my computer, but can apparently only use two at once. How do I set up 3 monitors at once?

I have two monitors hooked up normally, then a third attached by HDMI. All connected to the same graphics card. But when I try to set up their arrangement in "Screen Resolution" Windows 7 only allows me to have two active windows at once. Even when I try to duplicate the monitors, have monitor "2" and "3" show the same thing, I get a "Unable to save display setting error".

What is going on, and what do I need to do to get all three monitors in on my computer at the same time, even if two of them are duplicate views?

Update:

Both answers help, thanks. Going to keep this up for a little longer.

By 'normal' connection, I mean a standard monitor cord. Not sure what it's called exactly, ends are less than an inch wide and have several needle-like pins as the actual connections.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Your graphics card might not be able to run more then 3 monitors research your graphics card and see if it is compatible. My laptop had 2 Ports for displays and only 1 of those Ports will work at a time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.