Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 6 years ago

I can't tell if I can sing or not?

I'm 16, male and I sing a lot. People tend to like it when I sing and I've recieved compliments on my voice before. I joined a musical this year and I was given a mic despite not having a speaking role, so I was pretty sure I'm an okay singer.

However, whenever I want to sing a random pop song or something, it always seems to go out of my range. Anything from Katy Perry to Billy Joel to Talking Heads seem to quickly go way too high for me unless I transpose everything down a half-step or more! Using an online vocal test video I think my range is about F3-E5 on a good day before I start squeaking. Is this a small range? I've never recieved any formal vocal training, so I'm not sure.

Also am I a bass, tenor, etc? I can't find consistent facts :(

help is appreciated! :)

Favorite Answer

ask your music teacher (you should have one at your school). they can tell you if you fit tenor, baritone, or bass.

most of the male singers who make billions in music are tenors. all the beatles were tenors, and most of the beach boys were. yep, they would be too high if you're not a tenor. as for the talking heads, their singer has a reliable falsetto, which is what he uses.

warm up before you start singing. that would also include breathing: if you are athletic, your diaphragm is already in decent condition, so that will help you with breath control.

and remember, there's other ways to cash in on your voice without being the next big thing. there's tons of types of vocal music. I'll bet billy joel/katy perry don't consider any opera. some voices fit certain genres.

If you're in a musical your voice should have been tested for classification. You never judge your voice by how someone else sings on a recording. you are not that person. You should have your voice tested by a competent voice person to determine your vocal range.

Not trying to be rude, but it would really help if you posted a video or voice recording for us to hear.

Singing is something that everybody can learn and improve. Of course, some are more naturally skilled than others, but even a poor voice can be overcome by dedication, practice, and more practice. Even if you're content to sing in the shower, there are some things you can do to improve your voice. This is probably the best online course to improve your singing skills https://tr.im/GrXol

Your golden voice will be ringing out in no time!

Performing with each mailing, did not respond?

Feel that I have done the best, But still are not picked out??

Not very young,Do you want to give up the dream?

Now don't you want to be wandering anymore?

Don't you want to give up your dream?

Location : Korea FNC Academy

Participants : Overseas applicants

How to resister : info@fncglobalcenter.com http://www.fncglobalcenter.com/cn/main/main.php

Well if you really want to sing well try taking some vocal lessons you can google if they have them in your area and then you can get a karaoke machine and pratice what songs your good at hope i helped