Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why does the bible say that God doesn't love everyone?

God "hates all workers of iniquity" - Psalm 11:5-6, Psalm 5:5-6

God will destroy them - Psalm 145:20, Psalm 94:23.

God laughs at the wicked because he knows their day is coming Psalm 37:13

"God so loved the world" - John 3:16 doesn't mean he loves every individual, if you keep reading to verse 18, it says "and those who do not believe are condemned already"

Proverbs 8:17 says he loves those who love him back, John 14:21 explains how you love him.

God hated Esau Malachi 1:3, Romans 9:13

God sent his son Christ to die for his sheep John 10:11 (that does not include nonbelievers and the wicked)

God made certain people as vessels of his wrath Proverbs 16:4, Romans 9:22.

Update:

@Tiger, John 17:9 says he has a special love for "his children"

God called the wicked "Children of the devil", 1 John 3:10, atheists aren't "his" children unless God calls them to be.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Tiger
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

God has a general love for all. Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father, He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

However He has a special love for His children. John 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of

His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

When God calls his elect into salvation, they cannot resist. God offers to all people the gospel message. This is called the external call. But to the elect, God extends an internal call and it cannot be resisted. This call is by the Holy Spirit who works in the hearts and minds of the elect to bring them to repentance and regeneration whereby they willingly and freely come to God. Some of the verses used in support of this teaching are

Romans 9:16 where it says that "it is not of him who wills nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy";

Philippians 2:12-13 where God is said to be the one working salvation in the individual;

John 6:28-29 where faith is declared to be the work of God;

Acts 13:48 where God appoints people to believe; and

John 1:12-13 where being born again is not by man’s will, but by God’s.

“All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).

God in His soverign will chooses whom He wants. He is the Creator of all and everything, and does what He wants.

Psalms 135

5 I know that the Lord is great,

that our Lord is greater than all gods.

6 The Lord does whatever pleases him,

in the heavens and on the earth,

in the seas and all their depths.

7 He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth;

he sends lightning with the rain

and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

8 He struck down the firstborn of Egypt,

the firstborn of people and animals.

9 He sent his signs and wonders into your midst, Egypt,

against Pharaoh and all his servants.

10 He struck down many nations

and killed mighty kings—

11 Sihon king of the Amorites,

Og king of Bashan,

and all the kings of Canaan—

12 and he gave their land as an inheritance,

an inheritance to his people Israel.

MIMI

• 7 years ago

God does not love sin no matter who commits it. The one thing God is , he is patient and his will is that no one perish. Even the ones on here who find it necessary to look for scripture that they can not understand to make fun of a God that they most certainly don't know.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

God loves those that love him and keeps his commandments more then they who choose to be disobedient. They who rebel and are wicked cause God to be grieved, for God knows that he must punish them for there disobedience in hell. God loves us but is true to his words concerning the wicked the ungodly the unclean and the unclean lips that they must be cast off, for here disobedience hell has been prepared for that purpose.

• Moi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Because he doesn't

he hates the wicked and unbelieving and clearly says so

thats what hell is for

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The bible is a twisted mess. That is what happens when you make your god personal as if it is a human being with emotions.

Source(s): Spiritist
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Gods/goddesses = the orb phenomenon.

Source(s): ournal of Parasychology
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

The God of the Bible is an evil being not deserving of worship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.