Lv 7
. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Politics: Since most criminals get their guns from those who purchased them legally, should private sale be il?

It is a crime to *knowingly* sell or give a firearm to a convicted felon. However, private citizens don’t normally have the ability to conduct a criminal background check when selling a weapon. And under current law, I am allowed to buy a handgun for my wife (for example) without proving that she’s legally eligible to own one.

So should private sale or transfer of firearms be illegal?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

I've sold 3 guns. 2 to people I know personally. And one handgun that I did require to see his permit.

So most people that do sell them are aware of what they are doing

Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Good point. I used to have a concealed carry permit and that could replace a background check (if it's current).

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The Government tried to ban the private sale of drugs too. How'd that work out?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

sophisticated matter look on from google and yahoo that will might help

• 6 years ago

Criminals do NOT want to purchase their guns legally because they don't want the gun to be traced to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Most criminals get their guns from other criminals. Gun traffickers. A criminal attempts to buy a gun legally is an idiot. Yes, there are plenty of dumb crooks that get caught doing that. But your assumption is wrong.

Thee are problems with private sales. All gun sales should require proper permits and resignation. All law abiding citizens will agree with that, few will complain.

• 6 years ago

How the hell would you enforce that?

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

actually yes they do. all they have to do is call their local police station, an they will gladly do a records check for them

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

yeah..good luck with THAT scheme!

• 6 years ago

smallpeace has it right most guns that are used to commit crimes are stolen.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

difficult situation look on yahoo just that will help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.