Js asked in PetsCats · 6 years ago

do cats care about their owners?

the main thing I hear from people who say I should get a dog instead of a cat is because dogs care about their owners while cats do not. Do cats care about their owners? Do they show affection?

Although not as affectionate as dogs, some cats are very affectionate towards their owners. The way cats show affection is through purring, licking their owner, rubbing the bottom of their chin on their owner, sitting on their owners lap and kneading with their paws when getting pet by their owner. A large majority of cats don't exhibit these behaviors and that is why most people say that cats aren't affectionate. This is especially prevalent in outdoor cats because they're more wild and are less exposed to their owner.

So the answer is yes, some cats do care about their owners and yes, some cats can show affection. But keep in mind when buying or adopting a cat that not all cats act this way and it takes some luck to find the ones that do.

Source(s): Experience as an owner of a very affectionate cat.

Do Cats Love Their Owners

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

do cats care about their owners?

Source(s): cats care owners: https://tr.im/t9Cpo

Absolutely! I have three cats, a kitten and a dog. The kitties were first. My cat Orion and my dog are always trying to get more affection from me in the kitchen. The dog gets jealous because this cat is very dog-like and follows me around and I have three cats that sleep in the bed with me (two boys and the kitten- they take turns). Cats purr, dogs wag tails... the important thing is how you raise them. Each will have its own personality, and yes dogs are needier because they need to be walked 3x a day. Besides that, when I'm downstairs watching TV, there's a dog and two to four kitties surrounding me, which is pretty cool. They all get along too, and before the dog came, Orion was at the door when I came home (and sometimes still is). Cats on the whole are more independent, but not necessarily more affectionate, and both love to play until older. The difference is that dogs follow people around the house more than cats, in my opinion. ^_^

They certainly do care about their owners and once you win a cat's trust, they can be VERY affectionate! I personally find that the difference between cats and dogs is that with cats, you often have to win their trust to get their affection whereas a dog isn't as discriminating.

Source(s): A lifetime with both cats and dogs as well as other creatures!

The first thing you need to know is what kind of training you and your dog need. After that locate some good trainers that will take you and your dog, not just the dog. Learn how to train your dog https://tinyurl.im/Z1PbR

In this special presentation you'll discover exactly why it's so important to start training your dog the right way. Important for you, important for your family, and, most of all, important for your dog! And It'll give you some great hints, tips, and advice to help you turn your dog into the best behaved, happiest, running, jumping, slipper-fetching best pal you always wanted.

These are the very same tips that I spent years perfecting, the very same tips that have worked for thousands of dog lovers just like you.

I think the main reason people say that is because dogs are attached in another way than the cats. Cats are more stubborn and want things their way.I guess you could say dogs are more ..."serving"? while a cat is the boss. But cats love too, and when they're in a mood for cuddling it's hard not to.. It's hard to explain. I think both dogs and cats loves us.. it's just that they show it in totally different ways.

My cat shows me tons of affection. She's a 7 year old female cat and shows me just as much love as she did when she was a kitten. She always jumps on my lap and headbutts me and even sleeps by my head at night.

Cats definitely care about their owners! My kitten will talk with me, rub against me, lick me, and shes super affectionate. But really, it depends on how YOU treat the cat.

Dog training techniques are as controversial as abortion, Palestine and Bill O'Reilly. But, which dog training techniques can you trust to get you out of the dog house? It will help if you think about dog training techniques as being in one of two categories: balanced and imbalanced.

The discussion about which dog training technique to use when training a dog is one that resembles a discussion between an Israeli and a Palestinian. Each one seems absolutely certain of their position and is more than ready to vilify those who don't share their views on dog training. But, if you look at dog training techniques and methods and evaluate their worth and effectiveness based on whether the approach is balanced, it's a lot easier to weed out the garbage.

For the most part, trainers and their methods fall into two main categories. Those who do not use a physical consequence as a deterrent and those who do. There are many variations in the methods used by different trainers however, almost all trainers fall into one category or the other. Some trainers use food as a reward and never allow the dog to experience a negative consequence for a poor choice. Other trainers afford the dog the opportunity to experience a consequence for making poor choices.

The Use Of Food:

Using food is great in the sense that you will probably have a very happy dog on your hands when he realizes that the training comes with an all-you-can-eat buffet. However, using food to train your dog has some pitfalls we think you should be aware of.

Food is great if you just want to impress your guests with a couple silly pet tricks but, in the real world, your dog will probably be much more interested in chasing the cat than hanging around to get your silly, dry biscuit. So, if you are using food as the primary or sole motivator, you're in for some disappointment when it comes time for your dog to perform in the real world.

Strictly Positive Reinforcement:

It is not difficult to find trainers who will tell you they use a kinder, gentler method than those used by consequence and reward trainers. They will tell you that your dog will be emotionally destroyed by the use of correction as a deterrent. Their goal is to sell you on their loving approach to dog training. They would have you believe that their method is much better than those old, barbaric correction methods.

If you try to train your dog with a method of training that is as imbalanced as this, you will be in for some serious disappointments. Sure, it sounds like a great idea; training your dog and never having to correct him for making a poor choice. Never having to do the very thing you like doing the least. However, no matter how distasteful the concept of physical consequence is to you, it is necessary if you want a really good dog. You cannot consistently praise a dog when he does something right and never give him a consequence for doing something wrong, and expect him to turn out balanced.

Consequence And Reward:

In some cases, dog training methods that involve physical consequence as a deterrent cause additional problems. Not by virtue of the fact that the dog received a physical consequence for his poor choice, but because the training was too harsh, improper, or the balance between consequence and reward was not achieved. A bad trainer can destroy any good training system. It is far from true that methods using consequence as a deterrent will result in a fearful dog. It all depends on the skill of the trainer, the manner in which the dog is corrected and the balance between consequence and reward.

Dog training techniques and methods that use a healthy balance between consequence and reward are without doubt, the most effective, healthy training techniques you can use. It is important to remember that consequence in NEVER connected to emotion while reward is always given with sincerity and love.

Before You Spend MORE Money On Expensive Dog Trainers or Products,

Watch This Video First!

https://bitly.im/Ww0pB

Discover the powerful dog training secrets to eliminate over 30+ common behavioral dog and puppy issues with step-by-step instructions from one of the world's most skilled dog trainers!