Does yoga actually make you loose weight?

I always thought yoga was just to relax your body but does it actually make you loose weight ? Does it just give you muscles or does it actually make you thinner can someone send me a link or something to a yoga video that you can loose weight in ? Im a beginner obvioulsly

46 Answers

Relevance
  • Sum
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

well sure - if you use your yoga time to THINK about what you should be eating instead of what you are eating.... then it might well help you lose weight.

and what you should be eating are Greens and Beans... and give up the junk food that makes up a good part of our horrible American diet. So..... while you're sitting there being yoga relaxed, THINK about it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hey there,

Yoga can be a great friend during diets. I were able to go from a size 12 to a size 8. That's what it looks like when 19 lbs vanishes.

I followed the weight loss methods described on this site http://yogafitness.toptips.org

I am sure they can help you *** well. check it out

• 3 years ago

when tidying up put things away in multiple small trips rather than one big haul

• 5 years ago

Keep a food journal and weight yourself regularly to track your progress

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Don t take rest more than 30 seconds between exercises

• 4 years ago

Avoid eating while rading listening songs and watching tv at your home or keep by kepping your hands busy

• 4 years ago

Don t skip breakfast and choose that s high in protein for energy and full of fiber to keep you satisfied for hours

• 4 years ago

Replace chips with salad to cut carbs

• 4 years ago

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

• 4 years ago

Eat vegetables seeds nuts and lean proteins

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.