Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 years ago

Is it possible for a man to be happy without relationships?

I'm a 21 year old guy and after thinking quite a lot have finally decided to stay single for life. I don't think relationships and marriage is good for me, which is why i have remained single throughout my school and college. I asked this Q earlier about the possibility of finding happiness in this lifestyle and a person made this comment.

"at some point in your life you well think of some girl to share your life with a man cant live alone forever"

I don't why, but i feel offended by this answer, what he stated makes me think that ; No MAN can ever live alone without a WOMEN, as in like my life is meaningless without the opp.sex..Could someone please elaborate on this statement?

Best Answer

Yes, it's quite possible. Scr*w women

I don't think his answer was offensive at all. Each person is different, and unique, with unique wants and needs. Why are you trying to make a decision about your relationship status in 50 years? Of course your life can have meaning if you NEVER have a relationship. It could also have Great meaning if you only ate Macaroni and Cheese every day for the rest of your life, but do you want to do that? Life is about trying things, hit and miss, and learning from your experiences.

Do you tell your friend you were offended by his answer? If you did that to me, I would be offended and NEVER offer you my opinion again.

Hope this doesn't offend you.. if it does.. that is your issue.

Good Luck.

I've been solo for about 5 years. I enjoy doing what I want to do. Spending my money on the things I want and mostly I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

Its great being on your own. Certainly you can be happy. I've never felt bad about my relationship status.

If I'm honest ultimately I'd like to be with someone but until then single is the good life for me. And I'm sure in the long term it will be great for you

I see relationships as free constant sex and a way to avoid financial responsibility for yourself. It's greed disguising itself as 'love'.

If someone genuinely shows love to me I'll take it, but I know 99.9% of the time it's just about sex and money.

Being around the same person would make me get irritated too. I enjoy mixing with different people.

Whoever said that is just glorifying relationships as if they are a vital part of human life, and that you'll rot in loneliness forever if you don't have a girlfriend. Not true!

People choose not to enter relationships for many reasons.

- maybe they can't bring themselves to commit to another.

- maybe being around the same person 24/7 would bore them.

- maybe they don't want to meet someone else's demands for the sake of the relationship.

and many more.

it's your choice. Do what you makes YOU happy!

some people do prefer to live solo, it isn't for everyone, including me but it may suit you, just do what makes you happy, you may change your mind, you may not, that's no one elses call but your own, do what makes you happy. your life is only as valuable as highly as you value it yourself.

• Dee

yes you can you can be like the crazy cat lady but youll be the crazy cat guy.... you know they stay single forever ect... jk jk i do think you can be happy with no women in your life but there are going to be some times where you feel lonely and youll start thinking blah blah blah but

Good Luck =)

You are 21. You will change your mind.