S. asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 years ago

I'm a 17 y/o girl and I'm going bald?

Lately I've been noticing my hair has been thinning wayyyyy too much then it has before. My hair was already thin but now it just looks even worse. I've been feeling so bad about myself, even looking at myself in the mirror has been making me feel even uglier. I've been getting pimples nowadays when I rarely had them before. Last year, I never gotten pimples and I had a clear face but now I feel like everything is going downhill. I feel like I have no one to talk to about this and I don't know what to do from here. I went to my family doctor yesterday and he said I had iron deficiency and recently gave me tablets for it. He also sent me to another doctor who is a female where I can get checked because I also haven't been getting my period for over 10 months. I'm getting really worried but the appointment is next month. I feel like I'm running out of time and that I am going to get balder, things are just going to get even more worse for me. I really need help... someone.. please.

Hey,

Millions of people all over the world are affected by hair loss, and it's not only the males that suffer this condition as even females are affected by this problem. What's sad is that many of the individuals affected by such a condition end up just accepting what is happening to their hair due to lack of information or options.

If you are looking for natural hair regrowth methods this is a good guide you can read http://hairagain.toptips.org/

I hope it helps

• J.

Look, relax.

Hair thinning is a normal part of iron deficiency, the iron pills you got should help.

The other doctor will probably have you get a blood test to check if this is a hormonal issue.

There's nothing you can do but wait, unfortunately. If your hair loss gets worse there are tons of things to help you, but you need medical testing to figure this all out first.