Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 years ago

What kind of visa do i need to visit England?

hey. I am 14 years old and live in canada.

recently my dad made me a passport for me and said i can visit the uk and see my cuzins. but the thing is were not too shure what kinda visa we need. im the only one going on the flight and to england and im planning on visiting for a year or more. im also transfering schools from canada to over there. would i need a student visa? do i have to apply for one? how long does it take to get one? where do i? as you can see i have alot of questions if you can answer them thanks!!:) pce

3 Answers

  • Maggie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Forget contacting the embassy for help with visas. They no longer process them. It's all done by a contractor on behalf of the UKVI.

    If you intend going to school in the UK you will need a Tier 4 child student visa,

    All the details of what conditions you have to meet ad how to apply are here.

    The first step is to choose a school that is on the register of sponsors. These are schools licensed to offer courses to non EEA nationals. You cannot attend a state school in the UK as an international student, you can only attend a private fee paying school. Once you have your certificate of sponsorship ( a unique reference number that identifies you, your education establishment and course(s) you will be studying) you can apply for your visa.

  • 7 years ago

    You dont need a visa for a stay of 90 days, any duration over that and you have to apply for student visa, i believe. Contact the british embassy they will be able to assist you better

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    UK embassy is the best place for your inquiry but I thought if you are Canadian you can visit any country anytime you want without a visa. but please double check with the embassy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.