Betta feeding?

i have 2 Crown tail Bettas. one is in a 10 gallon tank with filter, air pump, and heater, the other is in a 4.5 gallon tank with a filter, and heater i had both for a while now but i noticed the one in my 10g tank is becoming lethargic. i feed them once a day about a pinch of this food

http://www.thatpetplace.com/bettamin-1oz

sometimes i give them Bloodworms too. they both get their tanks cleaned once a week with a 25-50% water change. im wondering if im supplying the proper diet for my babies. if this cycle is not ok what do you all recommend? also can i just switch it or do i need to slowly transition them?

Update:

forgot to mention they do not lay on the bottom and i do not see any bloating of their bellies

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

All tropical fish can survive for a couple of weeks without feeding. So a pinch of food every day could very well be too much food. Uneaten food will rot and foul the tank water.

As to Betta lethargy, that is quite normal. If you move them where they can see each other, in their different tanks, you'll see them 'flaring' their fins at each other.

Source(s): 50+ years, breeding, spawning, raising and selling many species of freshwater tropical fish.
  • 7 years ago

Hmm, i suppose it could be their diet as that is a very poor quality food with verity little nutrients and i'd recommend you switch to something like new life spectrum beta formula and feed more frozen foods too.

Also, what are the water parameters?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.