Can you own PS4 games?

I am EXTREMELY OLDSCHOOL: my last gaming console was Sega Genesis. In between Genesis and Now, I have played a bunch of computer games, but only one game in the past 12 years or so.

I was thinking about buying a PS4.

But, since I am old school AND cheap, I want to buy a game and then just own it and be able to play it as much as I want and for it to be available for the next 50 years. Is that possible? Or is everything purchased on a monthly subscription nowadays?

Second, I really like first person shooter types with a good storyline. Do games like this still exist where you can just play on your own and eventually "beat the game"? Or is everything in this game type always multiplayer now with teams and no ending?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I heard this one guy, who knew this other guy, who knew that guy, who talked to that other, who that other guy knew that first guy. That guy said he owned two, TWO PS4 games.

Edit: Anyway, There aren't any good story-driven FPS's for PS4 yet. But I do know some good modern ones for other consoles, just to help you get up-to-date.

Dead Space (not fps [TPS], still good)

Gears of War (not fps [TPS], still good)

Metro

BioShock

Far Cry

Mass Effect (not really FPS, but I don't think you want to skip this series, trust me)

Halo ODST

Bulletstorm

Spec Ops: The Line

Resistance: Fall of Man

Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 3

yes you can that's how the 21st centry works.(but you COULD rent if you wanted but most people just buy it at target or gamestop)