Can Iran become a powerful country?

could Iran become powerful as in military wise, i know that their military isn't still that great yet but their starting to get better at things such as it's missile program. Also don't tell me that Iran's military is a scrap yard compared to U.S military, cause U.S had years to built up their military, where as for Iran has been independent only for couple of years. Also don't give me the usual b.s about how Iran want's to built a nuclear bomb and wipe out Israel or is a threat to world peace (cause we all know deep deep down that's not true). I want actual legit answers not some brainwashed propaganda b.s that you watched on your t.v

Best Answer

They would be the most powerful nation in that region and can't even be compared to Iraq.

Correction.

Iran has been independent since '88

It has Active personnel 545,000 (ranked 8th)

Reserve personnel 1,800,000 (ranked 6th)

Iran does have a nuclear programme and whilst they claim it is for peaceful purposes no one believes that.

Iran like most nations have their 'doves and hawks' and there are those in Iran who would like to see Israel defeated and destroyed

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_the_I...

Chetak

• Alireza M5 years agoReport

@Moongloom, yes but were talking about the current era, right after the islamic revolution Iran became independent, before that everything was from U.S, Britain or Russia

They have potential for power, but must tread carefully and be open about it, because we don't want 'Murica bashing down more doors to check for nukes than usual. If Iran builds an army of sorts, I'd expect it to be for security.

No their just another one of Britain's out of control kids from back in the empire days.They have a good military by middle eastern standards but they still can't manufacture nuclear weapons and their equipment is still a bit sh*t and they recruit 16 year olds to serve on their front lines so no I I doubt they can

• moongloom
      5 years agoReport

No argument from me. Fighting to save your nation is a great honor.

What is power? How do you describe it? If you mean the ability to scorch the planet like US and Russia then I doubt Iran wants that kind of power. But if you mean culture; art; science and so on then yes Iran already contributed much over her vast history and will keep doing it.

• moongloom
      5 years agoReport

@David: Do you have anyting to say? Or do you just want to hear your own voice?

Sure they could.They just need to ditch the totalitarian theocracy that's holding them back.

• Alika

Sanctiions buddies-Russia and Iran- YES they can

http://rt.com/files/news/2b/88/c0/00/pr-1.jpg