Are these computer specs Good?

Hello my name is Sam, I am a big computer enthusiast. I have always wanted a computer for gaming but my family was never able to get me one until now. I am a console fan boy but i heard that PC's are much better for the buck and i now am wanting to transfer over to PC. I have a lot of knowledge about PC's software wise and also some hardware and i have decided to build a PC which is something scary for me because i have never done it before.

i have spent 2 months researching good and compatible parts for the gaming build and watching You tube videos on how to build one.

my dad doesn't agree because he thinks i might break something or that one of the parts would not work and i also agreed with him but non of the computers that are being sold today are good.

so after a long time this is what i have come up with but i have no idea if it will do the job of good performance. i am on a budget of under $1000 CDN

PROCESSOR: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

POWER SUPPLY: SeaSonic 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

OPTICAL DRIVE: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

CASE: Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower

I will be playing games like Counter strike GO, Gmod, Battlefield 4, Euro truck simulator 2, and stuff like that mostly steam games.

Will this computer do at least medium graphics settings and are all these parts compatible?

Favorite Answer

You are spending way too much on the case. The cooler master HAF 912 is much more appropriate for your build. I would also recommend dropping the PSU down to a corsair cxm600 to save more money. I think you have really solid decisions on all the other parts. You will have saved $120, which you can spend to upgrade the processor to the fx 8350, upgrade the gpu to the radeon r9 270x, and buy a proper aftermarket cooler like the hyper 212 evo.

Get these two items for your case. Together, they can cool much better than the other case, and they only cost $20.

Durable fans- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

Fan controller- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

The 912 case comes with two fans, one in front, one in back. With these fans and the controller, you can completely outfit the case with fans. Two in front, one in the side, one in rear, two at the top. The fan controller will ensure they can supported on your motherboard, despite having limited fan headers.

Good luck with your build.

• ?6 years agoReport

thank you so much for your help i will take your advise

• Andrew

All is good nice build and you will get at least mid graphics :D

Source(s): Custom PC builder

yeah it is nice .