Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 6 years ago

I have to take tap class tomorrow but I don't know anything about tap!?

Sorry I forgot the summary....... But I'm taking a dance camp tomorrow and the schedule came out today. I'm supposed to take tap but I don't know how to do it!!! I'm also supposed to have tap shoes but they look expensive and after the dance camp, I won't ever use them again!!!!! What should I do???

Favorite Answer

Dont worry so much! Tap is fun! If your scared that you'll be in a class with people that have done tap before, jus try your very best! You would be better off just buying some tap shoes, but if you really don't want to, ask the teacher or someone from the camp if they are absolutely necessary. I'm sure you can find a cheaper pair. And who knows? You may end up really enjoying tap and you could end up taking it as a regular class during the regular year.

Hope I helped and have fun at your dance camp! :)

I was only 4 when I took classes in Tap but it requires you be agile to create a tempo.I had special shoes which had small metal plates on the heels and toes of the shoes and when you move you use your heels and toes to create a special move and coordinated sound that is pleasant to listen to and it's fun once you get the hang of it. Persevere, you'll like it. Brenda Taylor

• Robin

I took tap from the age if six to sixteen. You'll enjoy it, I promise. Just relax and let your body move to the music!

isn't that the point of taking a class, to learn something you don't already know, you'll be fine :D