What's wrong with my hands?!?

So my hands have been shaking since the dawn of time, but I never really paid attention to it. It's not severe, like I know I wouldn't need mediation for it, but I've noticed that whenever I look at my hands, they tend to hake significantly. This stops when I'm focused on something else, which is most of the day, and it doesn't really interfere with normal everyday tasks. The only things it interferes with is taking steady pictures, holding a pose or an object for an extended period of time and trying to grab something small. I don't know what the cause is, it's definitely not social anxiety because I am really social, and not something like Parkinson's because my whole body doesn't shake and it doesn't interfere with speech, everyday talks etc. occasionally (like right now actually) my hands are shaking lightly while typing this, but when I'm holding an object firmly or Resting my hands on my lap it seems to stop. I want to know what the cause is.

Favorite Answer

Tremors can happen at any age. They are more common in older people. Everyone has some tremor when they move their hands. Stress, fatigue, anger, fear, caffeine, and smoking may make this type of tremor worse.

A tremor that does not go away over time may be a sign of a medical problem and should be checked by your health care provider.

Essential tremor is the most common tremor. The shaking most often involves small, rapid movements. It usually occurs when you are trying to do something, such as reaching for an object or writing. This type of tremor may also run in families.

Causes

Tremor may be caused by:

Certain medicines

Brain, nerve, or movement disorders, including uncontrolled muscle movements (dystonia)

Brain tumor

Excessive alcohol consumption, alcoholism, or alcohol withdrawal

Multiple sclerosis

Muscle tiredness or weakness

Normal aging

Overactive thyroid

Parkinson disease

Stress, anxiety, or fatigue can cause a postural tremor

Stroke

Too much coffee or other caffeinated drink

Is your BP low? Are you an alcoholic? Are you stressed? And think about other causes mentioned above. Hope you get the answer.

• Indira5 years agoReport

Okay. Hope everything is fine with you.