Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 5 years ago

Where can I purchase a replacement lid for a GE slow cooker 169190?

Answer please.

• elhigh

I looked at the GE website. They had some guff about calling Walmart or phoning some 1-800 number, which is corporate support speak for "Up yours, we have your money and we're done with you now." These are the same people who, you hope, are providing technical support for those big fancy jet engines holding up your airliner.

Believe it or not, Sears Parts Direct, which does a FANTASTIC job of stocking parts for damned near everything, does not even list your slow cooker.

Here's the deal: those lids are nearly generic. Take your old lid - or the biggest part you have of it with tape wrapped over the sharp edges so you don't get all cut up - to a few thrift stores. Some of them will try to sell "orphaned" lids. Match the arc of your old lid's edge to an orphan lid and try to get close. A tiny bit too small is probably okay (not more than 1/4" or so), but too big and it may slide around a bit.

How do I know about this? Same problem. And no, I never found a factory replacement lid, either.

For the price of a replacement lid, assuming you could find one, you can probably find a new-to-you crock pot at the thrift store while you're shopping. In the 25 years I've been using mine, it has never stopped working, and it wasn't new when I bought it, either.

I bought it at a thrift store. No, it didn't have a lid.

I know this isn't the answer you want, but replacing the entire unit won't cost much more than replacing the lid. NO ONE stocks the lids, and shipping anything costs nearly as much as the average slow cooker.

Look in the Yellow Pages for your city. Where I live there is a small mom and pop shop called Dorothy's appliances. I have walked in there a few times to ask for a part and she has always gone into the back and come out with the part. Sometimes it is used sometimes it is not. I recently found a glass lid for a frying pan because my previous one broke, at a secondhand store similar to Goodwill.