should i have told her?

i was sitting with my gf on the campus grass and when i put my arm around her i noticed that her butt was showing over her jeans. i didn't know how to tell her without embarrassing her.

Favorite Answer

It depends on how close you guys are, and it also depends on how you think she would take that stuff. If she's more laid back about that sort of thing and pretty cool about stuff (jokester kind of girl), then it would probably be okay to quietly let her know. She'd probably laugh it off if she were that type.

But if you think that she's the type that would have freaked out about it, thought you were looking at her butt or something, then you probably shouldn't have.

Honestly, you probably could have told her either way, and it probably would have been alright. It all depends on how you act about it and how you say it. So if it happens again, make sure nobody else but her can hear you and just quietly say, "Hey, I don't mean to embarrass you or anything, but you may want to pull up your pants a little."

Don't say "I can see your butt" or "I see London, I see France, and I can see your underpants" or something stupid like that, because even if she is a jokester, she will be embarrassed and probably upset. If anyone is gonna joke about it at all, let it be her. Just be calm about it and privately tell her that she may want to pull up her pants a bit. She may be embarrassed, but she will probably be glad you told her.

If she's not glad, well maybe that's her style or something, but still. If she really takes it badly even when you say it politely, then it was nothing you did, and don't beat yourself up for it, because all you were doing was looking out for her.

Source(s): I'm a girl.

"Um, you know your butt is showing right?"

I'd be embarrassed but I'd be way more embarrassed (and angry at you for not telling me) if I'd gone around all day with my butt showing and my boyfriend didn't tell me!

Tell her this normal. If she love you, than she will not be angry.