Did I get the job?

So today I went in today for an interview at the Cineplex movie theatre. The interview wasn't very formal, it was just in the lounge of the theatre. The manager asked me some simple questions.

Question: Why do you want to work here?

Answer: I want to work here because it is a fun environment. I have been coming here since I was a kid, and I would really enjoy working in an environment I admire.

Question: What would you contribute to the work place?

Answer: I am very positive and enthusiastic. And I feel that my positivity will spread to my co-workers and will show to the customers.

Question: What are your future aspirations?

Answer: I want to study law at Harvard.

Questions: When are you willing to work?

Answer Weekday evenings and weekends.

Question: If you could make any animal 2 times bigger what would it be?

Answer: A bird. It would be really cool to ride a bird to work or school everyday!

I didn't really understand the random question, but I found it amusing. Anyways there were more questions and the interview lasted about 10 minutes. Do you think I got the job? I know I made a few mistakes, I didn't make much eye contact and when he asked if I had questions I said "not at the moment".

Sorry, for the confusion. My question should've been: Do you think I got the job?

• Mark F
    Favorite Answer

How would we know if you got the job? We don't even work for Cineplex, much less make personnel decisions for the particular Cineplex you interviewed with.

Edit: Your answers are all right. But we still can't say with any certainty as to whether or not we think you have a reasonable chance of getting the job, simply because, in order to make a reasonably informed guess, we'd need access to information (namely, how the interviews with the other applicants went) that we couldn't possibly know. It kind of stinks (waiting is hard, I know!), but that's the way life is sometimes.

i don't know if u did if they call u and yes u did if they didn't that means no

It seems as though you answered as best as you could. You can follow up with them after a week if you do not hear anything.

I think you did great with the questions. Good job (hopefully). I wish you luck.

if you make a bird twice as big is still to small to ride