im looking for a Blu-Ray player that will also stream Hulu, Netflix.?

im looking for a Blu-Ray player that will also stream Hulu, Netflix. im currently using my Xbox 360 and kinda hate spending 30 dollars every 3 months to use the service. what do you all recommend? we have a 32in LCD HD tv were looking for the cheapest unit

Update:

i should point out we already pay for Netflix and Hulu, im trying to cut the cost to stream them through Xbox Live. in order to use NF and Hulu i need to be a gold member on Live which requires either $30 for 3 months or $59 for 12 months we are already paying to use NF and Hulu on top of the Live

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I *think* this is the one I have, which does all that you want. (Not home so can't check.)

• Lance
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Take a look at Sony Blu Ray players they offer lots of Apps to connect to all kinds of sites both free and paid but you will also need a high speed connection to the Internet in order for it to work and also a wireless router that can connect to the Blu ray players wifi feature...You can also use an ethernet cable to connect the player to the internet but this also will need a multiport router to connect the high speed internet to the blu ray player.

• 6 years ago

This is an internet connectivity issue, not a home theater issue, and these are paid internet services, not free. Several "Boxes" like Roku, so on provide connection hookup if you have internet available, and contain the necessary links, as does any computer, from which you can forward the picture to your tv, using it as a monitor.

• 7 years ago

You will have to pay for the service regardless of what device you use. Just because it's a bluray player doesn't mean those services are free

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

You still have to pay for Netflix, no matter how you receive it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.