Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 years ago

I need weight loss help!?

I'm 14, 5'0, 117 pounds and I want to lose 15 pounds roughly, I'm going to try doing some cardio but I was wondering if I do 20 minutes of HIIT 7 days a week will it be okay or do I have to do 30? Also is strength training essential? I want to lose weight but fat is my main target!

Favorite Answer

There are two ways to achieve your goal in a very short time. One is easy but time consuming and the other is hard but takes only 20 to 25 minutes a day. In both methods you need to watch what you eat for them to be more effective. It doesn't mean that you need to die of hunger, but more like watching what you eat. Stay away from foods with high calories (sweets, meats, butter...) and go for fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits (broccoli, asparagus, apples, orange...). Prefer anything boiled or steamed over fried or sauté. Eating more meals in lesser quantities also helps the body digest the food better. Drink a lot of mint tea. Mint tea increases the enzymes that digest fats. It also has much more benefits including good heart and respiratory system functioning. If you need a more detailed healthy diet, you can find plenty of sites on the internet that provide that. You can also consult your doctor and he'll give you a good system to follow. But if you just keep these tips in mind while eating normally, you are already on a good diet. Also remember to drink a lot of water. Water doesn't only prevent dehydration, but also helps the liver get rid of the extra unhealthy fats and cholesterol.

So here are my methods:

Method 1:

A sport activity is always essential to lose weight quickly. Cycling is a very good and enjoyable exercise to lose stored fats all over the body. Mountain biking (VTT or BMX) is good for the belly. It also tunes up your body and works every muscle from your neck to your toes. To lose 1kg, you need to burn about 8000 calories. Mountain biking at a moderate speed (15-20 km/h) makes you burn about 600 calories/hour. So if your nutritional habits don't change (eating more, or differently) you will lose 1kg every week if you do 2 hours of mountain biking every day. However, what most people don't know is that, at moderate level training, the body tends to consume the fast fats (what you have eaten recently) first before it starts consuming stored fats. So to make sure you are consuming your stored belly fats, you need at least 1 and a half hour of cycling. In the first 45 mins you will be just consuming the fast fats, after that the weight loss will start :) It's also a good idea to do the exercise on an empty stomach. This can reduce dramatically the 45 mins waiting time before starting to lose weight since your body doesn't have enough fast fats to burn for 45 mins.

Method 2:

Studies showed that cardio at a moderate heart beat level is MUCH LESS effective than interval cardio at very high heart beat level. What does that means? It means that you should NOT run a long time at the same moderate speed. You should make short sprints with short breathing intervals between them. So try this: after 5 or 10 mins of warm up of your choice, make a sprint (running VERY fast) for 30 seconds, then breath while walking fast for 30 seconds, then another sprint for 30 seconds, then breath while walking for 30 seconds... repeat this 15 to 20 times, without stopping between them. This exercise will take you only 20 minutes per day (excluding the 5 mins warm up) but believe me, you will feel these calories burning. You will feel your heart beat rate go sky high and your breathing will be very intensive. You can increase the intervals with time (from 30 secs to 40 secs for example) and the number of repeats (from 15 to 20 for example). As you become fit, you will be able to increase that. DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE HEART OR BREATHING PROBLEMS. This method is much more effective in losing weight than running for hours at the same speed. It's not the time you spent in training that makes you lose weight, but more like the intensity. This is called the after burn effect. With high intensity training, your body will continue to burn calories up to 24 hours after the training, unlike moderate long training, which stops when the training stops.

Good luck

Well, if you are 14 then you could get into JROTC and learn the type of PT, they are doing and just do it everyday and if you loose that much weight you may look to skinny perhaps scary. And I am 14 I am 5'0 I think but I weigh about 127 and a lot of people tell me I look skinny but I do work out and stuff like that.

Have 1 to 2 alcoholic drinks regular instead of far more

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

Use your lunch break to see and then eat later while working.

A lot of your current sweets must are derived from leafy vegetables

• ?

Enhance your own metabolic process together with green tea

• Bessie

drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories

if you re trying to lose weight with your significant other pack each others lunches the lunchbox surprises will keep the both of you motivated

• Simon

Try sprint intervals to lose belly fat